Chapter Twenty Eight

An eerie sound was playing in my bed room. It was dark, sexy, with a hypnotic edge. Dancing around my room as I carefully pulled the pins from my hair, allowing my long dark locks to cascade down my back, I dropped the pins onto the bed. The slow sound of the piano playing could easily allure anyone. 

   I took gentle, graceful steps, on my tip toes around the room. I pulled my gloves off finger by finger then one by one. Humming along to the beat I kicked off my heels and I felt my sore feet rejoice as they sunk into the plus area rugs. Eventually I'd have to call the girls in to unzip this dress. Strange as it sounds an open back dress was actually incredibly hard to unzip.

   I bellowed out the sultry lyrics to the song and spun to the side of my room that the wardrobe was on. I opened up the wardrobe and pulled out my night gown and robe. I had a good few minutes until Will was supposed to show up so I had time to change. That was if I could slip out of that dress. Today was a day packed with long Adsila lessons and a short tea break with America.

   I was pissed off.

  Adsila spoke to us today of the war going on in New Asia. It all started when a trade agreement between a New Asian country and a European country went wrong. Then, of course, because all of New Asia is so tight knit, they banned together. Norway brought in their European alliances but it wasn't enough. Illea is stuck between a rock and a hard place because we are aligned with Italy and France who are on two opposite sides of this war.

   What's going to happen? Both countries are calling for the help of the Illeans but if this continues we can start a whole new World War. The only way I see Illea getting out of this is if Illea forms relations with the newly reformed New England, Australia, Spain and the Greeks. They're the only countries that have remained completely neutral. If we don't form a stronger alliance with those countries we'll be forced to choose sides in a war that does not involve us.

   We're the only country from the Western Hemisphere being pulled in. Why? Because we are no longer a young country. We've formed countless strong alliances over the course of 40 years with over 57 other new and developing, and old countries alike.

   But of course, everyone else knew what was going on in New Asia. And like usual I didn't. And of course! Everyone had these obscene ideas on how to solve this issue but no one listened to my input. Why? Because I was not even aware of the magnitude of this war in the first place. Which goes all the way back to why I'm so angry in the first place.

Because His Royal Jackass told everyone else what was happening in New Asia.

Except for me.

   Frustrated beyond belief I collapsed in front of my vanity. I rubbed my temples and then started taking off my earrings one by one. What was it with people not telling me anything? Did they think I didn't notice when they sat in corners and whispered things. Then as soon as I walked over and asked they dismissed the topic? But why? Did they think I was weak minded? Not as clever? What, did they just think I was too stupid to give valuable input?

  I shut out any other thoughts and concentrated on getting ready for bed. I swore up and down that if Will wasn't at my door at 8:45 on the dot I'd walk right out of this palace without looking back, I was so livid. I was so frustrated that I kept being left in the dark. Was I not important enough to tell, damn it? I slammed my jewelry box shut and I considered flinging it across the room.

   I took off the charm bracelet Angelo gave me, that I always wore, and I contemplated throwing the Will gave me into the fire. This was so serious. How could he not tell me. I did want to make it work between us. For once I was actually considering it. But I couldn't get over the fact that I basically walked into class blind sighted today. Everyone butchered me for not knowing. Butchered. I can't be in a relationship with someone who did not treat me as their equal.