Chapter Twenty Four

It took several guards, and I mean several to get Ora back on a normal status. With the music gone it was easier to hear the conersations all over the place. We all sat at the table closest to the window and when I looked over I saw Will walking across the dance floor. Yikes.

    He looked tense as he waved his arm at the men on stage. The music started up again instantly and I could tell he was trying to ease up the situation. Miraculously it worked. People started gravitating towards the dance floor. I blinked a few times when I thought I saw Vanessa but ti wasn't her.

Wait.

   Vanessa, Maddy, where were they? I hadn't seen them all night. In fact I hadn't seen them since dinner yesterday. I wanted to ask what had happened to them, if they were alright, but seeing as Ora was pissed off and smacking away every hand that got near her I figured it would not be a good time to ask anything. 

   Cecilia and Krystal were sitting down on the windowsill whispering to each other and I took up my usual place, whenever Ora was in trouble, by her side. Because honestly, who else would keep her tamed? Godfrey was examining her hands to make sure she hadn't hurt herself.

"I know how to throw a damn punch Godfrey!" she said impatiently.

"That you do love," I think his accent made everything better. He put her hands down. "But keeping your temper is something you don't know how to do."  

   Ora was antsy, shaking her knees, and she blew a piece of light brown hair from her eyes. Will glided towards us, looking dashing in his vampire costume, and Tiny struggled to keep up with his stride. Will stopped and looked down Ora part angry and part astonished.

"Really?" he said and his arms dropped to his side. "YOu couldn't behave for just one week"

Ora squinted at him then looked away. "Whatever" she grumbled.

   Tiny hurried over to the girls behind me and I started to wonder what Will meant by one week. Oh God, was he proposing to her in one week? I felt like I was going to be sick. Maybe it was something else? But what other possibilty was there?

Godfrey walked over and clasped Will's shoulder. "I told you brother. She couldn't leave the selection the right way."

"Oh shut. Up."

I blinked.

Wait, what?

Leave?

"You know I think I might just keep her longer to spite you" Will replied.

Godfrey punched his shoulder. "Are you trying to steal my girlfriend you two timing back stabber?"

Will laughed a little.

"You cannot steal my girl Will, you have six of your own" Godfrey looked at Ora with a sly grin.

My jaw dropped.

Holy S-!

"You alright, kid?" Ora looked up at me. "You look lost"

"I don't" I squeezed my eyes shut and squeezed my temples. "Okay so I mean its just"

    Godfrey and Ora laughed, seeming to take pleasure in my confusion but Will just looked at me intently. I would love to know what he was thinking.

Ora stood up, and smiling, she shook my shoulders. "ok breathe kiddo"

"But I don't-"

"Ok so like Godfrey is totally into me and Will was like well he likes you you know and I was like well duhhh dude I'm super hot!" all I heard was blabber. "But then one day he was checking me out and I was like ugghh fine what the hell do you want and he was like I think you're hot and I was like well so does everyone else in the world and-!"