They're extremely impressive.

I was only able to glimpse them before, but now, seeing them so close, they look strong and powerful. The perfect killing machines.

One of them approaches Emmi, "The building is surrounded, what are your orders?"

"Storm inside on my signal, capture anything that moves once we're inside and keep them alive." Emmi orders, her tone fierce, "No one is allowed to escape."

The guard doesn't respond, her men instantly moving into action around the building, waiting until Emmi gives them her signal. Emmi turns on her heels to head towards the building, while the rest of us hesitate. She stops and looks at us over her shoulder, "Are you all going to wait around and let me do all the work?"

Caleb grins, "Nope, I was just waiting for an invitation."

I can't help but giggle, Emmi rolling her eyes before continuing forward with Caleb now following her. Everyone else follows suit, I go to take a step forward when Alderic grabs my forearm, making me glance back at him and frown when I see his serious countenance, "What is it?"

"Nothing, just remember what I said, okay?"

My features soften as I turn my full body towards him, his grip on my forearm becoming gentle as he stares down at me. I place my palm onto his cheek, watching as he leans into my touch. I gently whisper up at him, "I'm stronger than I've ever been in my entire life thanks to you, but if need be, I'll take your advice."

He kisses my palm, "That's all I ask."

When we catch up with the others, Emmi announces, "I'm ready when you are."

When I notice everyone is looking at me expectantly, I realise Emmi was addressing me specifically. For a split second I freeze but after taking in and exhaling a deep breath I prepare myself for the inevitable, "I'm ready."

She smirks deviously and instantly sends her men into action. I watch in anticipation as her men storm the building, bashing down the door and smashing through the windows whilst keeping the building surrounded. Emmi moves in next, spitting out orders from left to right whilst Caleb stashes the tablet into one of his pockets and follows suit, his eyes turning dark as his fangs protrude from his top lip.

My father borrows a gun from one of Emmi's soldiers, aiming it cautiously as he enters the building with my mother beside him. She almost looks as deadly even without a weapon, her cobalt irises turning completely dark as her expression shifts murderously. 

I look back at Aldéric to see his fierce irises staring back at me. "I'll be right behind you." He promises me, his voice dark, filled with his own desire for revenge.

I allow my body to relax, knowing he's right there when I need him. I turn back to the building, moving closer to the action with guards blocking off all the exits, moving to the side when I and Aldéric want to get past. Making it inside the building, it's fairly dark, only a few old fashioned candles lighting the dark halls. It almost feels demonic, making a shiver run up and down my spine.

The walls and floors are old fashioned and in terrible condition with peeling wallpaper and holes in the walls. The flooring creaks with every step we make, causing me to clench my jaw at the horrible sound.