༺20༻

'Rage — whether in reaction to social injustice, or to our leaders' insanity, or to those who threaten or harm us — is a powerful energy that, with diligent practice, can be transformed into fierce compassion.' - Bonnie Myotai Treace

ೋღ🌹ღೋ

I was surprised when Aldéric informed me that I would have to attend the Royal Court with him and stand by his side. I didn't think it was something I would be allowed to attend, given his father didn't want me here, but I suppose since I was technically Aldéric's mistress he couldn't really say no.

Aldéric had given me a floor length, shimmery, golden dress to wear for tonight and I had to say, it was really beautiful. It showcased all of my curves and ridges and went rather nicely with my light skin tone. The only thing I would have changed were my exposed breast, exploding out of the neckline, giving everyone a clear view.

What were with these vampires and exposed flesh?

Right, stupid question.

I fiddle with my hair between my fingers which has been straightened down my back whilst my other hand is holding onto Aldéric tightly for comfort. Each time we took a step closer to our destination it drew on my nerves, causing them to go haywire. I wasn't sure what went on within a Royal vampire court but Aldéric warned me there may be some aspects I wouldn't like and I wasn't too keen to find out what those aspects may be.

"Are you alright, Rosalyn?" He asked, his eyes glancing softly at me before he looked straight ahead once again.

"Yeah, just a little nervous." I admitted, giving him a small smile. We soon reached a hall that branched of onto the right, the hall lead to a grand archway that seemed to open up into a larger room.

"Just stay silent beside me and you'll be fine." He assures me but my nerves don't settle. I nod my head anyway, agreeing to do as he says as we walk beneath the archway.

My eyes instantly land on the podium at the front of the room, three thrones carved out of pure gold were centred perfectly as they looked down on the wide empty floor, connected to the podium by a few marble steps. Only a few chairs for other important vampires were placed around the very edge of the room, close to the thrones, leaving the rest of the room empty and completely open.

I grip Aldérics arm tighter, gaining his attention, "Where am I suppose to sit?" I whisper. He said I would be beside him but there was only one throne for him, leaving me to beg the question...

"On my lap." He smirks, knowing full well he didn't tell me on purpose. I narrow my eyes at him, he was such an asshole. At least it was better than having to stand the whole time and I had no idea how long these things dragged on for.

Hopefully not too long.

The chairs around the edge of the room began to fill up with well dressed vampires, they're pets alongside them on leashes as they were forced to kneel on the floor.

I caught a few of the pets attention, their eyes filled with dark emptiness, not a flicker of happiness to be seen.

I can only pray I don't become as empty as they look.

My breath soon catches in my lungs when I meet with grey eyes glaring across the room at me. Richard was obviously still pissed with me but when my eyes glance to the woman beside him, I gasp. Cora was seated beside him, her brown eyes teary as she caught my gaze and smiled sadly. That son of a bitch had took her back as his mistress, no doubt putting her through the same shit as he had when she was his mistress before.