༺12༻

Viewer discretion advised.

ೋღ🌹ღೋ

2 weeks later...

I close my eyes, allowing Cora to gently brush red eyeshadow onto my eyelids. She then uses eyeliner and draws it on at the bottom of my eyelid, along the tip of my eyelashes and twirls it at the corner of my eyes.

Lydia and Cora are both helping me to get ready for the alliance meeting that was tonight!

My nerves are all over the place. My hands gripping the fabric of my robe as my anxiety tears it's way through every fibre of my body. This was insane. The idea that I was to be put on display for a bunch of perverted vampires to gawk at. My purpose of existence had truly downgraded and I'm sure it would continue to do so.

My eyes flutter open when Cora finishes my eyeshadow. She reaches into the red makeup box on the nightstand and pulls out dark, red lipstick. I purse my lips, allowing her to paint them with the whorish colour.

I might as well be a whore now...

"Beautiful." She comments.

I give her a sad attempt at a smile. I am too distraught to offer her anything else and my head is starting to hurt with all the scary thoughts my mind is conjuring up.

She gives me a sad smile, "Let's straighten your hair." She tried to distract me from my thoughts but it doesn't work. It is far too late to try and pull me away from the swirling vortex my mind had become, dragging me back in to watch all the possible repercussions this day could bring.

I allow Cora to pull my ebony hair from it's ponytail so she can begin to tie it into sections, allowing her to begin with straightening the bottom layer of my hair. As she starts straightening it, my gaze moves across the room to find Lydia daydreaming as if she is lost in thought.

"Are you alright Lydia?" I ask softly.

Her eyes snap to mine, pink rising to her cheeks as she becomes embarrassed, she smiles sheepishly as she answers with, "Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking..." she trails off and then asks, "Could you do me a favour, please?"

"Of course, what is it?"

"It's just that my er- my sister is one of King Aurélien's slaves so it's most likely she will be at the meeting." My smile falters slightly. It wasn't just her that was forced into slavery it was her sister as well and what's worse is that they were split. I didn't even know she had a sister. "Could you just let her know I'm safe, that I love her and that I never blamed her for for what happened?"

I stand up to walk towards her, now that Cora had finished with my hair. Cora puts the straighteners down carefully and walks towards Lydia as well. "What does she look like and what's her name?"

I didn't need her to explain anymore for me to know I would do this for her without a doubt.

"She has red hair and green eyes exactly like mine except her's are much lighter. Her names Lara."

"I'll let her know if I see her." I assure her, causing her to smile widely at me, making me gasp when she pulls me into a tight hug. I feel good knowing I've made her this happy. I'm sure she needs it after being here and treated horribly for so long.