༺10༻

'But pain's like water. It finds a way to push through any seal. There's no way to stop it. Sometimes you have to let yourself sink inside of it before you can learn how to swim to the surface.' Katie Kacvinsky

ೋღ🌹ღೋ

My mind is completely numb as Alec guides me down the hall.

My behaviour from last night was appalling and I labelled myself a complete disgrace at allowing myself to beg for Richard's touch. Just like that I had given him permission to take away my innocence as if it meant absolutely nothing to me. Even though I knew deep down I didn't want it my body and actions couldn't be controlled.

What was wrong with me?

The arousal his blood ignited inside of me had taken me off guard. I wasn't prepared for it at all and that was his plan all along. He made me think his punishment was causing me pain when really he had wanted me to beg him to fuck me. He knew that when I came to my senses I would be utterly ashamed with myself and that brought him more pleasure than actually hurting me.

He was a sick son of a bitch.

I was glad he was busy with other matters today. I'd rather Alec's company right now over his even if I did have to wear the horrid gag.

Alec lead us to the ground floor of the estate and ushered me forward until we reached an empty dining room. Some dirty plates were left indicating everyone else had already eaten and left. He guides us through and tells me to sit down.

I try not to think about last night as I wait for Alec to remove my gag. Before he does my eyes focus on the door to the kitchen. Lydia and Cora step into the room, plates of food in their hands as they sit beside me.

"The girls have been compelled to make sure you don't escape." Alec warns me. Lydia gives me a sad smile. She was ashamed by it but I wasn't mad. It's not like she had a choice in the matter. He slowly removes my gag and leaves me and the girls to eat. My stomach rumbles at the smell of pancakes and syrup, causing Lydia to giggle.

I pick up my fork and dig in, chewing when the delicious flavours enter my mouth and I swallow. My mind reels back to last night and I remember I have a few things I want to bring up to Cora, "Cora, can I ask you about something?"

She immediately has her guard up as soon as the question leaves my lips. She already knew what I wanted to ask. "Is it true you were Richard's previous Mistress?"

She tenses, her fork frozen in the air as her expression becomes pained. I had no idea how much she would be effected by my question, "I'm sorry, you don't have to-"

"No," she interjects, "it's fine. I suppose you want to know the full extent of it." It was more of a statement than a question but I nod anyway. I want to know what Richard Is fully capable of doing to me.

My life may depend on it.

Lydia places her hand on Cora's offering her comfort. It was clear Lydia already knew everything Cora had been through and from the way they both smiled sadly at each other I was going to learn some horrific things that Richard had done to her.

Cora's voice is shaky as she begins to tell me about being Richard's former Mistress, "I was his Mistress for five years." Five years? That was a long time to be someone's tool. Five years of punishment and being forced to satisfy his sexual appetite. I inwardly cringe but remain silent, hoping she will continue.