༺42༻

' "Revenge" sounds so mean, that's why I prefer to call it "Returning the favour." ' - Anonymous.

ೋღ🌹ღೋ

"Where is your fucking brother!?"

A delightful shiver runs down my spine at the sound of Alderic shouting at Ornella for the location of her brother. The sound echoes off the dark, damp halls before reaching my ears. Shortly after, I hear her screams and that brings me more pleasure than I'd like to admit.

I walk through the dark hallways of Aurelien's dungeons. The same ones where Caleb was once kept. Vampires just like before, shrivelled and rotting, walking corpses, staring and groaning as I pass them by. I'm no longer human, so my blood's smell doesn't drive them crazy as it did before. Instead, they silently watch me, their eyes still putting me slightly on edge.

it's not long before I reach Ornella's cell.

Alderic has his back to me, his dark, heated gaze focused on Ornella. He's wearing the same clothes as yesterday, his white tank top now covered In Ornella's blood after hours of torturing her.

He has Ornella chained to the wall by her hands and ankles, bruised and bloodied. Her black jacket is now missing, allowing me to see the many cuts marring her bare arms. Her grey vest is stained with her own blood, especially near her abdomen where she was shot yesterday.

My eyes dart to the right side of the room when I see something catch my eye. My eyes widen at the table of instruments and sharp objects, more instruments hanging from hooks on the wall. There are knives, whips and other torture devices, many of them coated in blood after being used already.

"Please..." Ornella begs, my eyes drifting from the instruments to her and Alderic. She can't see me, Alderic'a giant form blocking me from her view. "I don't know where he is. He abandoned me, remember?"

"You know him better than anyone," Alderic retorts, "You had plans put in place before he figured out he was tracked. Now, what were they?"

Ornella hangs her head, too tired to keep it up, "I... He didn't give me the details."

Alderic tilts his head, displeased, "Why don't I believe you?" She shakes in fear, knowing he'll most likely torture her again. "One last warning. Don't make me-"

I take a step and Alderic freezes, making me stop. "Rosalyn, what are you doing down here?" He asks, knowing it's me without having to turn around.

I sigh and walk closer, crossing the threshold of the cell, "You've been down here for hours, I was beginning to grow impatient." He hums in response, his own impatience coming forward, annoyed he hasn't yet learned where Richard is. "Have you learned anything?" I ask, now standing next to him, my eyes darkening at the sight of Ornella.

"No," He answers gruffly, "The stubborn bitch won't say anything useful."

Ornella lifts her head, a fire burning in her gaze as she uses up the little energy she has left, "You want to know where he is then find out yourself, I won't do the work for you."

"We did do the work, went as far as to track him but even that wasn't enough, and to our disappointment, it only led us to you," I spit back. "You might not know his exact whereabouts but you know how he thinks and we want to exploit that."