"You think?" I shift my gaze to the building, not liking the fact that we could walk in and Richard might not even be there. Looking back at Caleb, I admit, "I don't like the sound of that."

Aldéric is with me, "Neither do I. Tell Emmi to gather her men, we're not going to risk going in alone."

"I've already called for them." Emmi answers, suddenly in between me and the two men, "I've scouted the perimeter and there's no sign of life but better to be safer than sorry if we decide to go in."

"It's already decided," I announce, Emmi, shifting her gaze to me curiously. "Even if it turns out that he's not there, at least we'll know for sure."

"Then we're going in," Emmi announces, looking to both Caleb and Aldéric to see if they agree.

"Of course," Caleb assures, making me smile.

Ric walks towards me, his eyes are soft.

If it eases your mind then, of course, we're going in.

Thank you.

"My men will be here within the hour, what do you suppose we do in the meantime?" Emmi asks the group, my parents behind me now after walking down the street.

Aldéric decides, "We should keep low, take up residence in the surrounding trees."

I agree with Ric, we need to hide until backup arrives. I can hear my parents footsteps from behind me, my mother's tone fierce when she hisses, "So this is where the bastards been hiding."

"Most likely, we'll attack when Emmi's men arrive," I inform her. She continues to eye up the building, hatred and fury pooling in her cobalt irises.

"We should move before we're spotted," Caleb warns as he begins to leave the street and head toward the trees around the back of the large building. We all begin to follow him, Aldéric close to me with his arm wrapped around my back. I enjoy the delicious smell of his cologne along with the warmth his touch brings.

The deeper we move into the forest, the more cover we receive, the trees masking our positions. My mother and father stay close by, talking amongst themselves while Caleb and Emmi continue to examine his tablet, ensuring Richard and the other two don't leave or move.

Aldéric brings his lips to my ear and whispers, "Are you going to be okay when you see him?"

He moves his head away when I lift mine to glance up at him. I'm honest when I regretfully tell him, "I don't know."

His features shift to concern, "If you need to leave at any point, tell me and I will take you back home right away. Everyone will understand."

"No," I state adamantly, "This is my score to settle. If I don't go through with this, I'll regret it for the rest of my undying days." I allow humour to seep into my tone but Ric remains serious.

"My offer still stands." He bends his head down, pressing his lips against my forehead.

"Thank you." I exhale sharply, knowing I'm not going to take him up on his offer.

I've made a promise to myself and I'll see it through until Richard is no longer breathing the same air as me.

It's a long hour later when Emmi's men finally arrive dressed in their distinctive green robes, their weapons already in their hands as they prepare to take any order given by their leader.