Introduction

Hi All- Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad you're here and willing to take a chance with Hero and her friends on their adventure to save the city of Larkspur Mittel!

Where did this story come from? Well, the seeds were planted after a trip to Iceland with my daughter. What an amazing place! SO beautiful - full of volcanic rock, wild ponies, spectacular fjords, incredibly strong winds, and very kind people.

We drove halfway around the country, sometimes in white-outs from the snow which still covered parts of the landscape in late April. We had lots of fun swimming in thermal pools, trying to climb a glacier (it was too cold, we turned back!) and visiting sites of the Icelandic Sagas. We did NOT eat any buried shark (a delicacy) or reindeer!

The idea from the story also came from the fact that I also love all kinds of old fairytales. I grew up reading Andrew Lang's Fairytale Books. The stories were weird and intriguing, and sometimes made no sense at all, but I adored them. They were my escape, and each time I picked one up, the Yellow Book, or the Red, I remember feeling like a part of something much bigger. Like I'd just discovered some ancient, magical book of secrets and rituals that nobody else in my full-of-drama family knew about, and which were just waiting quietly for me, and nobody else, to discover... maybe to sort of pass on the ancient tales and stories. I guess Larkspur Mittel is my attempt at that, at passing on a story!

Anyway, I'd love to hear from you! Tell  me what you are up to, what else you are reading, or maybe just to say hi :).

I recently read somewhere that 'Hello' must be one of the most beautiful words in the English language- it holds so much promise with so few letters.

Thanks again- I look forward to hearing from you soon!

p.s. FYI, Larks & Owls (and other characters) here are tribal peoples, and not birds:)

*don't forget to press the button to vote :)

COPYRIGHT

Larkspur Mittel is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locals is entirely coincidental.

Copyright © 2020 by Ves Ryle

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

Cover Art by Ves Ryle

All Rights Reserved.