Chapter 20

Chapter specific warnings: none

When you unlocked the door to Katsuki's room, your anxiety was overpowering every desire you had felt just ten minutes ago. You stood in the middle of his bedroom, not really knowing what you were supposed to do.

After you had decided to take things back to his dorm, he said that he would take a quick shower, not wanting to bring the dirt and sweat from training back into his room. He had given you his keys, telling you he wouldn't take long.

When you left the locker rooms you were still convinced that giving in to your desires was what you should be doing but now that you had some time to reflect you weren't so sure anymore. It wasn't that you didn't have feelings for Katsuki or that you didn't want to be with him like that. It was more that you were afraid to hurt him by sleeping with him.

He didn't know that you had found out about your relationship. You still had to have this conversation with him, clearing up everything that was left unspoken between you. And when all was said, and out in the open, you still didn't know whether you wanted to continue this relationship.

You wanted to be with him, your feelings for Katsuki were too strong to ignore. But at the same time, you didn't want to rush things. You had done that with Yami, and it ended in a mess. You knew that technically you weren't rushing things with Katsuki; you had been a couple for a long time. But that didn't change the fact that you couldn't remember any of that. To you, as you were right now, it was still rushed.

In your head, you knew that you wanted to start dating him again, but you felt as though you had skipped the entire process of properly getting to know each other. You wanted to go on dates, hold hands, feel the butterflies. At this rate, however, you would jump headfirst into something too complicated for you to comprehend.

You would enter a new relationship, but for Katsuki it wouldn't be new. He had all these memories of your time together - would he expect you to behave a certain way? He was used to you as his girlfriend, but could you be that person? So much had happened. The dynamic you had had as a couple, could you get into it quick enough or would you disappoint him?

You decided then that you wanted to take things slow. It was your fault that you had almost slept together and you would have to apologise for that. It wasn't that you didn't want to, but you didn't want to start things the wrong way. You just hoped that he would be okay with that.

When the door to his room opened, and you saw Katsuki's handsome face, your resolve wavered once more. The grin on his face was contagious, and it made you feel warm and fuzzy inside. His hair was still damp from the shower he just took, and he ran his hand through the blonde mess on his head. It looked so hot, you couldn't help but bite your lip.

He was wearing shorts and a shirt without sleeves, giving you a first-class view of the muscular arms that had you pinned against the wall only half an hour ago. You began sweating, your body acting on its own. God, you wanted to be with him so badly. But you had to do this properly if you wanted to build a serious relationship.

You were still standing in the middle of his room, just looking at him. He was looking right back, but neither of you was moving a muscle. His intense stare flustered you, resulting in you breaking eye contact.

It was the cutest thing he had ever seen.

He dropped the bag with his training clothes, quickly locked the door to his room and walked towards you. His hand found your face immediately, gently caressing your cheek. You were still pretty flustered, your smooth skin heating up, making him lose his mind.