•Chapter 10

≈Miami, FL...

(11 a.m)

Once they both calmed down, Cora and Kalvin decided to go to Mama's to discuss more about the situation and also to eat breakfast, because none of them had the time to eat this morning. Well, Cora ate some Kit Kat before Kalvin picked her up.

Anyways, they needed to let each other know about everything, so they won't have others surprises. Kalvin was still shocked to know that Cora already had children. His grandma was always telling him, you can't judge or know a person just by its appearance, because you can't see their story. It was true. Kalvin thought that Cora was single and enjoying her young years like a lot out there, but he was so wrong. In reality they were strangers who were about to have a baby together.

When they walked in the restaurant, the hostess led them immediately to a table and then gave them the menu so they could order once the waiter comes. It didn't take too long before a tall black man with long brown dreads and muscles arrived before them. He smiled showing his white teeth, introduced himself and asked them what they wanted to eat. Cora ordered pancakes with strawberries, cherries, whipped cream and a glass of orange juice. Kalvin him took eggs with sausages, toats covered by apricots marmalade and a glass of apple juice. Ismael smiled again and left. A couple of minutes later, he came back with their plates and placed them on the table, then wished them good appetite and finally let them enjoy their breakfast. 

"Not a weird combination today ? " Kalvin asked remembering how she mixed the cookies with mustard a week ago at his condo just after they slept together for the second time. 

Cora rolled her eyes playfully, "It's not an every day thing. I don't have any pregnancy craving today, well for now." She answered, then took a sip of her orange juice. 

A little silent settled between them, but it didn't last more than five minutes, "Uh...So...Are you still...in contact with the twins' father ? " He had a lot of questions to ask her and it was better to start now than later. 

She shook her head sadly, "Years ago, I would've told you I wish we were still together, but I don't love him anymore. He had never wanted to...take care of the babies. When I told him that I was pregnant, he said horrible things to me that I will never forget and then he left and went to sleep with the first bitch he saw. That pregnancy revealed his true personality...fortunately for me. He made me believe things, but I opened my eyes at the good time." 

Kalvin could see all the pain in her eyes. He realized then that it was a hurtful subject to speak about for Cora, "Oh...I am sorry. So...he had never been in the twins' lives ? "

Once again she shook her head, "Nope...Never. When I tried to call him, he called me a bitch, told me to leave him alone, that he never loved me anyways and that I'm just a fat and ugly cow and others stupidities. It hurt, but I'm over it now. I prefer to focus on more positive aspects in my life."

Kalvin nodded his head, "I admire strong women like you. Really, I salute you." He said raising his glass up for them to cheer.

Cora smiled and clicked her glass with his, "Thanks, I appreciate it. But I wasn't alone. My family and friends had been an amazing support. If it wasn't for them, I don't know what I would've done. I could finish high school like everybody else and I even went to college. And I could start my own business."