•Chapter 21

≈Miami, FL...

{ Two Days Later | (6:02 p.m) }

It was Monday night, Cora was finally back from New York, the twins had finished school, they still didn't hear from Cameron and now the little family and Kalvin were having dinner at D€nise's. The two days without their mother went perfectly well. They behaved and had fun with Kalvin. Kalvin him, was relieved that they got along this weekend and nothing bad happened. By the way, Terry's goofiness was a plus. 

"Mummy, did you bring us something from New York ? " Acacia asked after she finished her salad. She couldn't wait to eat more. It was just the entry and the food was already too good. She was happy Kalvin invited them here and she definitely could understand why it was his favourite restaurant. 

Cora chuckled, "Yes. You'll see it at home. So, how was your weekend without me guys ? " She wanted to know everything. She felt so alone in New York.

The twins laughed remembering the two funny days, "Terry tried to cook for us and he almost burnt his house." Almar answered holding his stomach. It was what he preferred the most.

"Yeah. Kal tried to tell him that he couldn't even make a little soup, but Terry was like no, no, I can do it and next thing you know he's yelling like a girl and about to cry while drops of oil were going everywhere in the kitchen. It was a total mess. Fortunately, Kalvin was there to save the situation." Acacia added as tears were coming in her eyes since she was laughing so hard.

"We recorded it if you want to see." Kalvin said shaking his head playfully at the kids, "We could've all died and y'all here laughing."

Cora smiled widely, "Sounds like you had a very fun time."

The three nodded their heads, "Yup ! " They responded in unison, causing Cora to shed a single happy tear.

"Aw, mummy what's wrong ? You had a problem in New York ? " Almar questioned her concerned. The three were looking at her starting worrying. 

She shook her head wiping the water away with the napkin, "No. Everything was alright in New York. They treated me greatly. I made the deal with Fashion&Style. They're going to do their party in the club and they already gave me a check and they'll give me another one after the celebration." She announced them grinning, "It was a tear of joy, don't worry." 

The kids beamed proudly, "Bravo mummy ! " 

.

.

.

"So, what do you want to watch ? " Kalvin asked Cora as they were settling in the living room for a movie night. The kids were already in bed and fell asleep thirty minutes ago. Now, they were just the two and weren't ready to sleep, so they decided to have a kind of slumber party together. 

"Hm..." She hummed searching through the DVD's. She already had watched each film at least five times though and even more. She sighed and went on Netflix to find something, "What about Beyond The Lights ? " She proposed turning her head towards him.