•Chapter 24

≈Miami, FL...

(1:46 p.m)

"I so don't want to work out today." Terry complained sighing.

Kalvin shook his head playfully at his best friend as they were getting ready to start, "Think about the Playoffs." He tried to encourage him. 

Terry smiled, but quickly change of expression. He frowned watching the TV, that was hung on the wall across from him. He couldn't believe it. He rubbed his eyes thinking that maybe he was dreaming, but they were still showing the picture. The word 'missing' in red was what shocked him the most. Kalvin noticed his face and immediately wondered what was wrong with his friend. He turned his head and his heart instantly jumped in his chest, "What the hell ?! Can you turn up the volume, please ? " He asked and someone did as he said. 

"It's terrible ! Today, a little ten years girl disappeared all of sudden after going in the bathroom towards eleven this morning. Nobody knows where she is at and what had really happened. A couple of minutes after people started searching her, they found the janitor, who was unconscious and only wearing his underwear, behind the school. Now the police has arrived and they evacuated the entire building. We are calling the parents, so they can come and pick up their kids. Everybody is confused and scared and is trying to help as much as possible. Please, if you see this little girl..." The picture appeared on the screen, "...call the police immediately. Her name is Acacia McKall. Thanks in advance for your cooperation." 

"It can't be real..." Kalvin mumbled under his breath completely lost. How ? How did this happen ? You're safe nowhere. 

"Man, who is the mothafucka who did that ? I swear I'm gonna kill someone ! What the fuck ?! " Terry was angry more than anything else. 

Kalvin stayed immobile for a moment, before to pull his phone out of his duffel bag and then called Cora to know if this was really happening. He just couldn't believe it. It wasn't supposed to happen. He wasn't ready. He wasn't expecting that waking up this morning. At all.

After the sixth ring, she finally answered. The first thing he heard was her sniffing, "Ka-Kalvin, I can't talk to you right now. I..." She couldn't speak more as a few tears were falling. 

Kalvin sighed feeling bad, "Cora, I...I don't know what to say. I...I'm sorry." 

She calmed down a bit, "Why are you saying that ? It's not your fault."

"Where are you at ? " 

"In front of the school. They're still asking me questions, instead of searching my baby. These idiots ! " 

He nodded his head already taking his belongings to go, "Okay. I'm coming. It's gonna be alright, Cora. We're gonna find her. And I'm sure she's fine." He attempted to reassure her and himself by the same occasion, then they hung up. 

"Hey ! Kal, where are you going ? " Terry asked trailing behind him.