I hopped down the stairs, my parents playing with little Austin as they patiently waited for me to get ready. I walked up behind him as I let out a small roar and started tickling his sides before picking him up and wrapping him in a huge hug.

"Are you ready to go on our big adventure!? We're going to fly through the sky to go see Grandma Jodie and Grandpa Rich" I said with a smile.

"Yes Mommy" he laughed clapping his hands.

"Do you have everything you need?" my Mom asked turning off the TV and grabbing her purse from the chair as we walked out of the house.

"Yup, we just need to take the car seat with us. I can't wait until he's old enough to travel without one" I laughed as I strapped him into his car seat before making my way to the backseat and sliding in.

I buckled myself in and threw in my headphones listening to some sad sappy country shit as I scrolled through my instagram feed. I froze and swallowed hard as I saw a picture of Austin holding a huge cake for his birthday, Ashlen standing possessively next to him with a huge smile on her face in what looked to be a strip club.

Scrolling further I saw another one of them kissing each other. He looked happy as shit, not like a man who was being held against his will to be in a relationship with her. If he was getting on with his life then I needed to do something to show him I was getting on with mine, with someone I knew it would kill him for me to be with.

Charlie
hey Allen, what r u doing this weekend?

Allen
taking care of 8 women's drunk asses lol why what's up

Charlie
care to meet up tonight?

Allen
Charlie....

Charlie
listen i'm sick of being a prisoner to Austin. I need to get him out of my head.

Allen
i'm not judging you baby, i'll see you tonight 😉😘

I felt a rush of excitement course through my veins. Allen was attractive, he reminded me a lot of Austin and he was willing to help me out no strings attached. Maybe he's just what I need to get Austin out of my head...or maybe this will make the whole situation worse. I suddenly felt bad for Trent but quickly pushed it out of my head. We were just a hook up. Fuck, Austin what have you done to me?

————————-
Austin's POV

"Happy birthday Austy baby" I heard a soft voice whisper in my ear.

"Charlie?" I asked, quickly stirring as I opened my eyes.

"What the fuck did you just say?" Ashlen's voice now filling my ears as I realized what just happened.

"I said sorry?" I blurted out quickly hoping it would save me, but her face quickly told me she didn't buy it.

"Still thinking about her huh?" she said sitting back against the bed with a pout on her face.

"No baby of course not" I said reaching out and grabbing for her as she pulled away from me.

"Prove it" she said with a wicked grin.