2.5

June 9, 2016- Charlie's POV

It's been a while since I heard from Austin. He checks in every now and then but it's been a week. We haven't really had conversations like the one we had before his concert in Philly. It is giving me a pit in my stomach that something bad is happening, but I am still keeping hope that things are going to work out okay.

I've been doing nothing but listening to the mix tape that he sent me in the mail. It is honestly so good and I can't get enough of it. I have been letting little Austin listen to songs here and there, his face breaking into a smile as soon as he hears Austin singing. And okay, my mind may have wandered slightly here and there when listening to a few songs as I thought about him, but we won't go there right now.

Thankfully getting ready for Casey's wedding has been keeping me pretty busy and keeping my mind off of a lot of things. I knew that Austin's days of touring were over since Justin's North American leg of his concert was over, so I wondered every day what he was doing with his time now but thought that he had to be pretty busy and playing little side shows here and there. I tried hard to push thoughts of him out of my mind remembering how he told me he was really confused with everything, so maybe he just needed some time to think.

I sat Indian-style on my bed as I was searching through the different bridesmaid dresses that Casey picked out for us, deciding which one would best fit my curvy hour glass shape. I was trying really hard to stay focused but thoughts of Austin kept filling my head. Letting out a sigh I picked up my phone to give him a text.

Charlie
Hey Austy, how is everything going? What are you doing to keep you busy now that tour is over?

I set my phone down on the bed as I continued to scroll through the dresses on the screen in front of me, not even paying attention as the adrenaline was coursing through my veins for his response, my eyes darting over towards the screen continuously. I felt my breath catch in my throat as I saw my phone light up with Austin's name.

Austin
hey good. you? sorry kinda busy right now

I raised my eyebrows at his short curt response, what was the point of even fucking answering if he was so busy and just asked me how I was doing out of the courtesy of being respectful. I let out a sigh as I tried my luck anyway.

Charlie
good just looking at dresses for Casey's wedding. u still coming?

Austin
yes

Charlie
well sorry to bother you. hope you have a good day, week, month whenever it is that you decide you want to talk to me next.

Austin
sorry. listen i'm going to be pretty busy before the wedding. i'll talk as much as i can.

Charlie
Well I guess there is always the wedding to see his royal highness. Maybe he can treat me like I actually exist then.

I sent the text out feeling anger replace the adrenaline course through my veins. Something was wrong with him and I wasn't quite sure what it was.

Austin
don't start ok Charlie. i have a lot going on right now. i have to go.

I felt a tear start to fall down my cheek at his most recent response. I don't know what I did wrong to him, but it sure as hell seems like I pissed him the hell off. I pushed my computer closed and laid back on my bed pulling my knees into my chest as I cried quietly to myself.

Sometime after texting Austin I must've cried myself to sleep as I was woken up by a light tap on my door.

"Come in" I said quietly as I sat up and wiped my eyes, thankful that the room was dimly lit confirming to me that it was into the night.