0.7

Austin's POV

"Where you going Charlie?" I asked as I felt her start to pull away from my embrace, the cold air giving me goosebumps where her warm body was just laying moments before.

"I just need to run to the bathroom" she smiled shyly as she slid herself off of the bed and grabbed my Nirvana shirt I was wearing earlier throwing it over her petite frame.

"That looks good on you Charlie" I smiled.

"Thanks, I just may have to take it home with me, you know as a keepsake" she laughed lightly, pushing some hair behind her ear before turning and quietly walking out my door.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but she seemed off since we talked about me going to LA. I couldn't tell if she was really telling me she didn't want me to go or if it was all just hypothetical to prove a point to me.

Then there was the fact that she applied to University of Dallas just so she was closer to me. Had she told me that, it could've changed everything. I know she told me she didn't want to be the cause of me living a mediocre life but nothing was mediocre when it came to being with her.

I was quickly pulled back from my meandering thoughts when I heard my door knob twist as she gracefully walked in closing the door softly behind her, walking back to the bed and tucking herself carefully into my side, a feeling of peace washing over me like a wave having her next to me.

"I don't want to even talk about this, but I know we have to" I said to her quietly.

"Yeah Austy?" she said not lifting her head up to make eye contact with me.

"What time do you have to be to the airport tomorrow?" I asked her, dreading seeing her leave me knowing she was right, I didn't know when I would ever see her again.

"Four" she said quietly.

I rolled over and grabbed my phone to look at the time. It was still only midnight but I felt like my hours were ticking away with her faster than I wanted.

"Charlie" I said quietly.

"Austy" she chuckled slightly.

"You know nothing will change between us when I'm gone right" I said.

She let out a small sigh, her fingers trailing slowly over my naked torso.

"Wrong, this will change. I won't be able to cuddle with you, kiss you, have amazing sex with you. That's why I'm glad we tried this while we could" she said looking up at me.

"And I loved every minute of it" I said putting a kiss on her lips.

"Not loved Austin. It isn't over yet, not until we walk away from each other at the airport" she said her eyes starting to fill with tears.

"Charlie please don't cry" I said running my thumbs over her cheeks.

"I'm sorry Austin, I'm just going to miss you so much" she said breaking down into my arms.

She has been my rock, my guiding light, my everything my whole life and now I was  making the decision to risk loosing all of that for my dream. What if I didn't make it, would she be waiting for me to come back to her?

"Charlie, I know I shouldn't ask you to do this but fuck I am going to be selfish. Would you wait for me?" I asked her.