♔𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟽: 𝙹𝚘𝚢♔

« 𝚈/𝙽 »

A sudden lucidity had gotten a hold of you, as you slowly came to the realization that you were dreaming. "Woah," you exhaled soundly and continued walking along the small park your brain had created. This was the first time you had ever gotten even close to something as a lucid dream, but it just happened. It also felt oddly stable. From what you've heard it's incredibly easy to slip out of these dreams.

There were endless possibilities to try out and, naturally you had wanted to do them all, but at the moment your mind was completely blank. That is until a certain silhouette revealed itself in the distance. "Hanyu?" The boy waved and quickly stepped closer to you. He was wearing his usual warm smile and just for a moment, you felt at home, before remembering that this was a dream and you were all alone once again.

"I have so much to explain," Hanyu began. "First, no I'm not some kind of fake soulmate your brain created." A hopeful sensation shot through your body, but there was still quite a bit of doubt tugging at your heartstrings. "This is a dream pact, that means unless you want to break it we'll be seeing each other in our dreams from now on."

For your own sanity, you chose to believe him. It wouldn't hurt, right? And if his words weren't true you'd find out tomorrow night. "You really have something for everything, don't you?" A small smile spread across your cheeks and you quickly pulled him into your embrace. "I missed you," you whispered and got a quiet chuckle as a response.

"It's going to be alright. Even if we can't see each other during the day anymore, dreams are way cooler anyway." He grinned joyfully. "Maybe, we can."
"What do you mean?" He asked in a confused tone. "The creators of the keys may be able to help us, that is if I can find them, of course."

"So they're alive in your world?" You nodded slightly. The plan was to start your research as soon as you wake up tomorrow, but unless (Y/BFF/N) spontaneously changed personalities in the time you were gone in, they'd probably have already started and read through at least three books.

"I mean, at least I can report my progress here." He hummed amusedly and started making his way into the park, not without grabbing your hand, of course. "I wish there was any way I could help," he muttered, but you swiftly shushed him. "Don't worry about that, you've already helped me a lot by showing up." Hanyu blushed deeply and stared at the ground.

"Thank you." You cooed at his reaction. "Well, we are in a dream right now...you know what that means?" It meant puppies. And geese, a lot of those. Soon they were swarmed by animals trying to snatch a few pets which made Hanyu smile helplessly. "Unbelievable." He grinned. "Oh come on don't tell me you didn't miss our goose!" You picked one of the puppies up, as Hanyu got surrounded by a group of Gertrude-impostors.

"How could I not?" He began petting them one by one and the geese were as calm as they could only be in a dream. "These are bad replicas, Gertrude would have murdered me by now," he muttered and faked a disappointed expression. "We could change that if you want to!"
"No, no I'm good!" He quickly ascended from his crouching position which earned him a few dissatisfied honks.

"Now you made them sad," you giggled and had the animals leave, apart from the small puppy you were holding, of course. "It still baffles me how real everything feels," you whispered, gently caressing the dog. "Sometimes it feels too real." Hanyu was having war flashbacks to the boys pranking him with nightmares. Jokes on them, Hanyu refused to cook for them in the following two weeks.

"How am I going to leave the dream, though?" You turned to your soulmate who was smiling at your cluelessness. "You can force yourself out, just like you could summon those animals or have somebody else wake you up," he explained. "But don't leave, yet, you've been away for long enough." He clung to you and pouted childishly melting your heart.

"I was only gone for a day, silly." Despite saying that you pressed a tender kiss on his forehead. His widened eyes shot up at you. Yes, he might have kissed you once, but displays of affection like this were still a little shocking. A pink tint surfaced on your face, as you shyly looked away, but to your surprise, he pulled you into a real hug. "Guess, I'm not the only one who doesn't want to say goodbye." He grinned teasingly.

"Oh, shut up!" Hanyu laughed warmly. "Back to square one, I guess," he joked, but right thereafter your arms faded. "Wh-" Hanyu sighed defeatedly. "You're waking up..."

"Noo, I don't want to!" Gradually the rest of your body lost its color, as well. "It's okay, we'll see each other tomorrow," Hanyu quickly pecked your cheek and with that, the serene moment was over. "Mo- ...(Y/BFF/N)?" You were about to call out to your mom, but apparently, your best friend had decided to show up.

"Dude, you will not believe what happened." You quickly sat up in your bed ready to re-tell your little dream adventure, but they cut you off. "Doesn't matter, right now. I know where to find the wizards," you inhaled sharply. "How? It has only been a day!" They looked away for a second, before turning away from you. A habit they had whenever they lied.

"Books, you know. Unimportant anyway! You can't go," they blurted out, leaving you dumbfounded. "What do you mean, I can't?" You protested. They couldn't possibly be serious, now that everything seemed to be falling into the right lane again. "It's too dangerous," they said decidedly. "All the products and weird magic tricks you'd have to do are way out of your reach anyway, so you can't go!"

« 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟽: 𝙴𝚗𝚍 »
--❥ 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍-𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 𝟷𝟶𝟸𝟹