♔𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻: 𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎♔

« 𝚈/𝙽 »

"How...how did you manage to get yourself into this?" Your best friend was staring at you with a dropped jaw. "Believe me, I have no idea," you replied defeatedly. "Alright, alright, we can do this," they quickly snapped out of their initial surprise and gave themselves a few gentle claps on the cheeks.

"Let's get to the library, like you said we should talk to The Wizard first," you nodded, enjoying the fact that his name has just become 'The Wizard'. It was typical for you to amuse yourself with irrelevant topics in difficult situations like these. (Y/BFF/N) grabbed your hand and pulled you into the hallway, completely disregarding whether or not you could keep up.

The admittedly impressive school library came into your view and memories started flashing back. You hated the teacher in charge of the space with all your heart and so did he. It all started when he didn't let you borrow the book you had dearly wanted because you were 'too young'. It had been your life mission to read that book from now on and you succeeded. Of course, you being stubborn let him know that you did, in return destroying your already broken relationship.

"(Y/N)," he squinted his eyes. You sometimes had the feeling he didn't take your hatred seriously, though. "Lockheart," you imitated his expression and prepared for a debate. "We need that weird summoning thingy," he laughed out loud. "What would a little troublemaker like you do with that?" He mocked and you gritted your teeth.

"None of your business!" You snapped back. Your best friend, as always, was impressed by the way the two of you talked to each other without getting into trouble. "Oh come on don't be a dick!" They said and pouted receiving a glare from the teacher.

"Not in that tone!" (Y/BFF/N) opened their mouth to say something, but quickly shut it and just walked into the library, as for the two seconds the teacher had been distracted you had slipped past him and into the backroom. "Okay, okay here we go," you whispered, and before the man behind you could pull you away from the machine you had jumped into it.

You felt like the world around you was spinning, as your surroundings shifted into a blueish purple color. "Woah," you whispered. No matter how many times you admired the purple abyss you could not get used to its overwhelming beauty, nevertheless, you quietly looked around. "Sir...sir wizard?" A small voice traveled through the spectacle of color. Soon a familiar, yet mysterious creature popped up in front of you.

"Oh, you're back," his words sounded melancholic. "What can I help you with," he asked softly. "I need my key back! Or at least some way to talk to Hanyu," you spoke your request with an odd confidence. "I...I'm afraid I can't do that," he muttered quietly which made your face pale. "What do you mean you can't? Is there no way for us to see each other here?!" He shook his head. "That is not the problem just...I can't interfere with fate,"

You grew progressively dumbfounded. "Can't interfere with fate? You were okay with destroying Zihao's key!" You almost screamed. "And you saw how that ended," he replied. "It was a rather pathetic attempt from protecting your keys, but fate cannot be changed," he explained, turning his empty skull away. "The first and last magicians that ever managed to change destiny were," he paused.

"The men that provided those keys in the first place," he finished. "You were never supposed to meet Hanyu in the first place...those keys changed fate's design, but even they couldn't prevent this," he sighed. "Please, don't make this difficult and just forget about him," that was his finishing statement before an eerie silence settled between the two of you.

This couldn't be the truth, could it? You had finally grown fond of somebody and now you were just supposed to let him go? The frustration forced tears into your eyes, but you quickly wiped them away. "I refuse," you answered decidedly. "If they changed it once they can do it again! Where can I find those men?"

The wizard was surprised by your persistence and felt it would be unfair to deny you information. "...You're lucky they're still alive in your world," a small piece of paper popped up in your hands. "Good luck," he muttered and with that, you were back on the insides of the machine.

"(Y/N) (L/N)! Ya, little shit!" Both you and the teacher started laughing. The relationship between you was odd, but pleasant to have considering your roles as teacher and student. "Did you at least acquire what you needed?" He asked in a more serious tone and you nodded. You weren't sure if you had really realized the gravity the wizard's words held, as the grief you had felt just a second ago had magically vanished, but at least you knew what you had to do now.

"Alright, then get out of my library!" He returned to your usual spiel and pretended to shoo you outside. God, you hated your teacher. "Yah, no running away without me!" Your best friend screeched and quickly ran after you. "So? What'd ya find out?"

"This is going to be a lot more difficult than we thought it would," you muttered. Their smile faded slowly. "Are...are you sure you're up to it then?" They asked. Their question caused silence between you until you decided to reply. "I'm not sure, but trying won't hurt," you decided, now once and for all. There was no backing out now.

"Alright, then I'll do my best to help you," their voice had shifted into quite a strange manner, their usual enthusiasm was nowhere to be seen, instead they wore a melancholic smile which worried you. "Are you alright?" You asked quietly and they nodded. "I'm going to be."

« 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻: 𝙴𝚗𝚍 »
--❥ 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 𝟷𝟶𝟶𝟷