♔𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸: 𝙰𝚙𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚑𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗♔

« 𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚞 »

Hanyu watched his alleged soulmate disappear out of his sight before visibly relaxing. Everything had happened so quickly, he hadn't even gotten a chance to question the situation. He hadn't expected you to show up so soon after finding his key, but at least you seemed nice. For now. Despite watching you use your key most of his friends were still uncertain about your legitimacy. On the other hand, you and your friend would have already killed them if you really had ill intentions.

A soft sigh escaped him, he'd be lying if he said he wasn't curious about you, but the constant doubt was tugging at his already low confidence. At the end of the day, it wouldn't be the first time that those gross things called shapeshifters had rather elaborate plans to get to some more hidden people.

"Are you going to text them?" Shuyang asked, obviously wanting him not to. "I don't know...I think you should leave that up to me," Hanyu replied in a warning tone. "No need to get defensive," Shuyang muttered, instantly making Hanyu regret the way he talked to him. He shouldn't let his frustration out on others, after all, he was just looking after him.

He got up with his eyes glued to the floor. "I should...go," the awkward tension between them was making him even more nervous. 'Maybe I should just delete their number,' he thought as he slowly stepped into the hallway, but then shook his head. It'd be unfair not only to you but also to himself. You were apparently the one true person for him, so why should he just throw that away?

He carefully wandered into his room and sat down at his desk. The boy had made his decision to contact you again, so with that out of the way, the actual difficult part was up. Basically talking to a stranger. With another sigh, he gently took his small phone and entered WhysApp. Anxiety was lingering in his chest making him tremble violently.

It was quite an odd feeling since he himself was calmly looking at the screen, but his body was in a fight or flight state. No matter how hard he tried, his body would not respond to any demand for it to stay still. "I guess this is my life now," he muttered and typed your name into the search bar.

|𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚞|
Hey! It's me, Hanyu.

At that moment he just wanted to scream. "Hhh, why am I so awkward?" he screeched and almost screamed when he got an answer.

|𝚈/𝙽✨|
Heyy :D
Can I help you with anything?

|𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚞|
Not rly
Just don't have anything to do

|𝚈/𝙽✨|
Wow xD
So- uh- wHaTs'S yOuR fAvOriTe CoLoR?

A stupid grin spread across his face, as you seemed to share his inability to keep up a solid conversation. At least, you were making an effort to talk to him.

|𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚞|
Blue
the shade on your key to be specific

|𝚈/𝙽✨|
Oh, ye makes sense but...why are there hippo-shaped gems on there?
I mean don't get me wrong- hippos are amazing- but an odd choice for gems-

Upon reading that Hanyu's face got pale. Why the hell were there gems that represented his freaking plushie?

|𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚞|
You have got to be kidding me-

|𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚞|You have got to be kidding me-

|𝚈/𝙽✨|
WHAT THAT'S SO CUTE XDD

|𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚞|
Nooo! It's super embarrassing

|𝚈/𝙽✨|
Don't you dare call it embarrassing D: you're gonna hurt its feelings

|𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚞|
....
Moving on from that- I was wondering if you'd be free tmr?

|𝚈/𝙽✨|
Surely :>

|𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚞|
Great! I'd like to show you a few places here- felt like you had kind of a bad impression lolol understandably that is
But it's not all evil and bloodshed

|𝚈/𝙽✨|
Oop I didn't mean to make you feel that way just- y'all were real suspicious of us

|𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚞|
Heh yee- would it be okay if I picked you up at 3pm?

|𝚈/𝙽✨|
Yep! Can't wait :D

Hanyu's gaze lingered on your last message before turning off his phone and staring up at the ceiling. He had no idea where he was going to take you, in fact he had no idea what places you'd like or what'd be boring to you, as you literally lived in separate worlds. And there was still a slim chance that you might get attacked. It only happened once a year if at all, but knowing his luck he should definitely take the possibility into account.

All the overthinking tired him a lot and he'd still have enough time to freak out over where to bring you tomorrow. For now, he laid down on his bed, closed his eyes, and slowly drifted into a restful slumber.

~~~

"Hey, wake up." A breathy voice made Hanyu open his eyes. His expression went from irritated to wide-eyed. "Dude, get off me," He pushed Zihao away from him in annoyance. "Pfff, you forgot to lock your door," The other had a shit-eating grin on his face, as he was regaining his composure. This annoyed Hanyu even more who knew what they had taken from his room without asking.

With a quiet curse, he got up and ruffled through his hair. "Are the others awake?" Zihao shook his head and followed Hanyu into the kitchen. "Of course, they're not why did I even ask?" He muttered. "What about you? You're usually not awake before me," Hanyu only got a shrug as an answer. A concerned expression settled on the older boy's face. "Something happened, right?" Zihao just looked away and mumbled a small 'I don't want to talk about it'.

Hanyu sighed and started taking out a few ingredients for the breakfast he was preparing. "That's fine, just whatever it is don't let it get to you...you don't have to carry that burden alone," With that, they changed the subject to something more lighthearted, and soon the four others joined them as well. The only hurdle left in Hanyu's way was convincing them that going on a date with you was not a suicide wish.

« 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸: 𝙴𝚗𝚍 »
--❥ 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 𝟷𝟶𝟸𝟹