♔𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺: 𝙳𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗♔

« 𝚈/𝙽 »

With a cry, you opened your eyes. You were in your dark room, laying in your bed. "What...?" You whispered and straightened up on your bed. How did you get back home? Was it just a nightmare? Hope-filled your drained body, as you quickly stumbled to your bag. After thoroughly searching through the rucksack you found, nothing. Panic swept over you, as you started tearing up.

'This can't be real!' You pulled at your hair, in a weak attempt to somehow make the anxiety go away. After taking a deep breath you quickly grabbed your phone. You would just text Hanyu and you'd figure out some way to switch between both of your worlds without the use of the keys, but to your horror, you couldn't find your soulmate's chat. It was as if the boy was just wiped from your life!

You huffed in confusion and discomfort, but suddenly got pulled back into reality by the door opening. "(Y/N), dear, it's time to- oh my god you're actually awake," the surprised voice of your mother greeted you, leaving you in even more confusion. Was this some kind of bad movie plot where everyone was just forgetting about one person?

"Mom?" Your voice was shaking. "Yes?" She answered her expression growing gradually concerned. "Do...do you know who Hanyu is?" You slowly asked. Eventually, your mother shook her head. "I...I don't think I do, I'm sorry...why?" You felt like you were going to throw up. The person who you relied on most in your life was once again powerless.

"It's nothing," you whispered, clutching the brim of your sleeves. "I'll get ready for school," you promised and disappeared into the hallway. What were you going to do now? Your only means of teleportation was gone and it was not like you could just whip out a spell-book and play magician for a bit, that wasn't possible in your world. Maybe Hanyu would just come and find you? No, you shouldn't rely on it.

Magic comes with many complexities, he probably won't even be able to find your world amongst the many others anyway. "Shit," you muttered to yourself and started brushing your teeth. Maybe the boys were right, after all, maybe you should have just killed the shape-shifter when you had the chance to. Now, she had put a huge hurdle in your way and you weren't sure if you were going to get past this one.

The next best thing to do would probably be to consult the assistance of the wizard, if he was willing to help again, in the first place. The situation was grim and it seemed easier to just give Hanyu up, but you decided to hold onto hope, this was supposed to be your one and only, after all. There had to be a way to retrieve the keys or to connect your worlds and you refused to believe otherwise.

"I'll just talk to the wizard first," you muttered quietly after quickly forcing a smile, as you oddly enough could not walk past mirrors without smiling at yourself. Before you could make it out of the bathroom a certain white bird walked in. "...Gertrude?" Your voice spiked up and Gertrude started honking.

"Thank god you're still here! You remember Hanyu for sure, am I right?" Gertrude nodded. No, she didn't, but you interpreted wild fiddling around as nodding. "Yes!" The goose was a welcomed distraction from the rather difficult matter at hand. "I wish I could take you to school with me," you mumbled and finally exited the room.

You weren't sure if you were going to tell (Y/BFF/N) about what had happened, but they were probably the only person who'd believe you, instead of sending you straight to a psychiatrist.

~~~
« 𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚞 »

"What do you mean, you don't remember them?" Hanyu had a bewildered expression. "(Y/N)! The person whose key just got broken and in return mine!" The boy was trying to make them remember, even though he already knew that wouldn't work. "Hanyu, what are you talking about? We only broke Zihao's key, when the hell did you even get yours?" Zeyu seemed just as confused as Hanyu was, but your soulmate seemed to put two and two together.

He silently stared at Zeyu for a bit and then shook his head. "Just...just forget what I just said the stress must be getting to me," he muttered. "Yeah...so, let's go home," Hanyu turned to face Zihao. "What home? The building burned down," the boy exchanged worried glances. "We've been staying with Hope since that happened...Hanyu are you sure you're okay?"

Hope...that was one of the co-owners of the café he had taken you to. "Oh, I think...I need some sleep," that was only a partial excuse, he had been extremely stressed the past few days, and now that finally one problem was taken care of another immersed. Of course, Hanyu was not willing to let it go like that, you had been his first crush in years and heck even his first kiss, he also owed you for just taking them in on their day of need, so giving up was out of the question for him.

He would start with contacting you, he knew that that wouldn't be easy, as your number was not on his phone anymore, but Hanyu already had an idea. The only obstacle standing in the way of his determination was his fear of being alone and leaving his group back. Would they be able to take care of themselves? What if that crazy girl somehow found a way to find Zihao anyway? He couldn't afford to lose more people he cared about.

"Hanyu, what's the matter, you look like a kicked puppy," Xin Long put a hand on his shoulder. "Long story," your soulmate sighed. "I don't want to talk about it," he was met with a worried sigh, but Xin Long decided not to press him. Let's do this.

« 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺: 𝙴𝚗𝚍 »
-- 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 𝟷𝟶𝟷𝟶