Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Secret Club Sleepover Special (April 12, 2014)

"Juanita?"

     "Here," Courtney answered.

     "Autumn?"

     "Here," Heather answered.

     "Lucila?"

     "I'm here," Cereza answered.

     "Celia Marie?"

     "Present," Siënna answered.

     "Well, I'm Natalie, so I'm here." Summer, who was sitting on a twin-size bed with a big, fluffy pink duvet inside a small room with turquoise walls, closed her purple spiral notebook and announced, "Welcome to my sleepover, lovelies!"

     "Why do you always call us that?" Heather asked in a groan, "It sounds really creepy."

     "Because this is my sleepover, and this is a free country. So that means I can say whatever I want," Summer answered. She threw her notebook onto her white, wooden desk and said, "Now, let's do a slam book!"

     "What's a slam book?" Heather asked.

     Cereza was secretly thankful Heather had asked that question because she didn't know what a slam book was either.

     "Okay, so a slam book is when you write down your name, and everyone else writes down what they really think about you," Summer answered, "But remember, you have to honest, or else it wouldn't really be a slam book."

     "Where'd you get that idea from?" Courtney asked.

     "I got it from a book I read over the summer," Summer answered, showing the girls a torn copy of Judy Blume's Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great.

     "She read," Heather mumbled to Courtney, making the two girls snicker and giggle.

     Summer rolled her eyes and decided to ignore that comment. "Everyone has to do this so that nobody can be spared."

     "I don't know... that doesn't sound like a good idea to me," Siënna said, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

     All the girls who were sitting on the fluffy purple rug on the brown wooden floor glared at Siënna, especially Summer.

     Needless to say, Summer kicked Siënna out of her room. "Remember," she emphasized, "you have to be completely honest about what you think about the other person! So, who's starting first?"

     "I think you should start," Heather answered, "It's your sleepover after all."

     Cereza and Courtney nodded in agreement, staring at Summer in anticipation and glee.

     "Alright, alright." Right before Summer stepped out the door, she added, "Oh, and when you're done, fold over your piece and pass it onto the next person." And right before she closed the door, she added, "And the last person who's done should tell me when they're done!" Into the hallway she went.