Chapter Thirty-Nine: It's Easter (April 20, 2014)

"Something feels off about today," Niklas said to Tamie as the two sat down next to each other at the kitchen table with their heads down on it one Sunday morning.

     "What makes you say that?" Tamie asked.

     Niklas looked up at the calendar pinned up to the scarlet wall right next to the doorway separating the kitchen and the living room. The day's date was April 20, 2014. Easter Sunday, also known as-

     Greg, who had been scrambling eggs at the stove, looked over at Ryan and told him, "Ryan, when we are out of our rooms, we are required to put some clothes on

     Greg, who had been scrambling eggs at the stove, looked over at Ryan and told him, "Ryan, when we are out of our rooms, we are required to put some clothes on."

     "I already am wearing clothes!" Ryan pointed out, "I'm wearing boxers!"

     "I mean more than boxers," Greg said with his eyes narrowing, "You've been here for a good, long time. You should know our rules by now."

     "What are you even complaining about? Would you much rather have me walk in here with my dick out?" Ryan argued.

     Niklas and Tamie stifled their laughter lest they had to deal with Gregory's wrath.

     "What's so funny? He's got a good point!" a young teenaged boy's voice cracked through into the kitchen.

     Everyone turned their heads to see Ryu-jin standing there at the foot of the stairs in nothing but his tighty whities.

     "Ryu-jin, you go back up to your room and put some clothes on right now!" Greg commanded.

     "I am wearing clothes!" Ryu-jin insisted, "Does underwear not count?"

     "I mean a shirt and trousers," Greg elaborated, "We are not going to hang around in just our underwear all day. You know what the rules are here when it comes to dress code."

     "Well, it's a pretty fucking stupid rule to begin with!" Ryan argued, "Plenty of houses have fellas lounging around only wearing underwear all the time! It's not as if we're going completely nude or anything like that!"

     "Yeah, and I know a few guys at school who walk around naked in their houses all the time-"

     "If you two don't put any other clothes on right now, you're both spending the rest of the day right next to me!" Greg exclaimed once and for all.

     "Yes, will you two please put on some fucking clothes before I puke my fucking guts out?!" Riley added in a loud, harsh voice.

     "Alright, damn! Shit!" Ryan shouted as he stomped back upstairs, "I'm going!"

     Greg looked over at Ryu-jin, who was still standing at the foot of the stairs in his underwear and said in a warning voice, "You too, Ryu-jin."

     "Alright, I'm going!" Ryu-jin whined at the top of his lungs as he huffed and reluctantly dragged his feet upstairs to his room.