Chapter Twenty-Eight: Baby Shower for Anna (February 22, 2014)

It was a cloudy, chilly Saturday afternoon, and Ryan, Sydney, and Greg were all at Ms. Eun's baby shower for her baby daughter Anna.

     "You look so beautiful!" Sydney gushed at Ms. Eun as soon as they walked into Ms. Eun's house.

     "Oh, thank you so much!" Ms. Eun exclaimed, "You look so beautiful, too! You're really starting to have that pregnancy glow!"

     "Really?" Sydney touched her cheeks and blushed a slight pink.

     "So, have you and Ryan found out what your baby's gender is?"

     "Yes, ma'am. We're having a girl."

     "Congratulations! What are you guys naming her?"

     "Reagan Kennedy Crenshaw."

     "Oh, Reagan." Ms. Eun reflected for a little bit before she stated, "I heard it's becoming quite a popular name recently."

     "Oh, really?" Sydney said, tilting her head a bit.

     Ryan also tilted his head a bit. He thought that Reagan was a unique name because he had never heard anyone being called that in his native Australia. That was why he and Sydney chose that name, right? So what the hell was Ms. Eun going on about Reagan becoming a popular name recently?

     "When did you say you were due again?" Sydney asked Ms. Eun.

     "May 1st."

     "That means that the baby will be born in the middle of April," Greg commented to Ryan and Sydney. He chuckled even with Ms. Eun's tiny pout and dark brown eyes piercing holes into him.

     "I thought we were having a boy," Ryan spoke up finally.

     Sydney giggled and said, "Actually, Ryan was hoping it was a boy." She giggled some more and added, "He was saying that he could only make boys and that it was just his family tradition."

     "Oh, yeah. A lot of fathers are like that," Ms. Eun replied as she and Sydney continued to laugh.

     Ryan rolled his eyes blushed a bright red. Okay, so he was wrong. No need to make fun of him for that.

     "Ryan, look!" Sydney exclaimed, grabbing his arm, "It's an Elmo doll!"

     Ryan looked over to where Sydney was pointing at and saw a red monster-doll thing sitting on a white chair.

     Who even was Elmo anyways?

     "You know... Elmo from Sesame Street?" Sydney said.

     Oh, Sesame Street. Ryan didn't watch that show as a kid, so he had no idea what Sydney was even gushing about. "Huh."

     "Honestly, Ryan. Haven't you ever watched Sesame Street before when you were a kid?" Sydney asked in a rather condescending tone of voice.