52 - Engagement

Začít od začátku

"Do you think it's Andrew?" She asked.

"I don't know and I don't want to ask." I told her.

"No don't ask. I will give you a camera you can put in there then we will connect it to your phone so you can watch everything going on in your room when you are away is that fine?"

"That's great, thanks Scar." I grinned.

"No don't thank me you are paying, it will cost you $3000 bye talk to you later." She said before ending the call

I threw my phone on the bed searching through my closet for something to wear, I will have to search deep to find my worthy clothes. Something fell from the closet making a weird sound I looked down and there was a flash drive on floor

The flash drive!

I quickly picked my phone to call Scar, it rang but she did not answer.

I can't believe I forgot to check it out, I carried my laptop inserting the flash but I was disappointed when nothing came up. It showed no sign at all.

"Victoria can I come in?" I heard my mother's voice.

I ejected the flash, hiding it inside my shoe before closing the laptop. I jumped off the bed and took my shirt off before walking toward the door to open it.

"Sorry I was undressed." I said immediately our eyes met.

"I'm your mother you don't have to cover up for me." She smiled, I can't deny the fact that my mother is so beautiful she look like those models that cover magazines and billboards, she doesn't look like she is almost fifty.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked.

"Yes if you don't mind."

I opened the door for her to walk in as she entered sitting on the chair beside my bed.

I sat on my bed waiting for her to say something, it weird that I'm not as angry as I use to be when she is beside me or in my personal space.

"Your room just look more funny every day." She laughed looking around.

"Are you discriminating my personal space?" I asked.

"I said that out loud." She laughed.

"Nope I'm just good at reading minds." I shrugged.

"I was scared I thought I said your room looks more funny every day out loud." She said smiling.

"How are you Victoria?" She asked.

"Can you please stop calling me that." I muttered.

"Okay C-carter." She stuttered.

"Thanks." I muttered again.

"So how are you?" She asked.

"I'm fine…I guess." I shrugged

"I don't know if I'm wrong but you look happier than before." She said.

"Yes and you are definitely not the reason." I shot back

"I know I'm sorry I said that." She apologized immediately

"Okay." I mumbled.

"Let me leave you to get ready." She said standing up from my chair.

"I'm sorry." I said as she stopped walking, it's like the string that was holding my emotions together all this while is breaking. I know I've been in denial about how I feel towards everything going on because I was hoping it will help clear the whole thing, I was shielding myself from them so I won't get hurt but I underestimated the dept of the pain because the pain is still there and it's still hurt like a bitch.