40 - Kill me right now!

Carter

"Carter I have something to tell you." Ryan said as I drive toward his house.

"What?"

"Allie is staying with me for a while." He said

"Why?"

"Her house rent is due and she can't afford it you know her job don't pay much so I decided to help.

"What of her aunt?" I asked.

"Well that's really not the best place for her to be right now that she is going through all this." He answered.

"Is there something I need to know about the both of you Ryan? The way you defended her against Wright this morning was kind of deep." I chuckled trying to ease the tension in the car.

"I like her." He blurted out. I stopped the car and stared at him waiting for him to tell me he was joking.

"What did you say?" I choked out.

"You heard me Carter, I said I like her I understand she's Wright's ex and I respected their relationship when it was still alive." He said.

"Since when?"

"Since the first time I saw her."

"Which was?"

"Four years ago."

"Four years ago! That was before she met Wright."

"I was still with my dad then she came around my street I don't know what she was doing there, I never approached her though but I couldn't get her off my mind since then. I saw her a year later she came to the library I use to stay and I finally got the courage to talk to her and since then we became friends but we don't talk that frequent because we both don't have a phone but I know she was staying with her aunt so we talk anytime she comes to the library. I was with Wright few weeks after you introduced us and she was passing by and you know how crazy he is, he walked up to her and introduced himself the next month I heard they were in a relationship.

"Why did you not tell me about this?" I whispered.

"I wanted to let the feeling die inside so I decided not to talk about it at all." He muttered.

"Does she know about this?"

"Are you crazy I can't tell her yet Carter she just broke up with Wright and she would not date her ex boyfriend best friend you know how Allie can be." He said running his hand through his hair.

"This is so fucking confusing." I mumbled.

"Don't worry about it."

"How can I not? You have a crush on your best friend's ex."

"Ex best friend and no I don't have a crush I like her fuck it I think I love her, Allie is everything and Wright wasted the opportunity so fuck him." He answered.

"Wright is still your best friend shut the fuck up." I rolled my eyes

"He wasted three years of my life, my life would be complete with Allie in it that is what I always telling myself after I met her, but I respected him and he threw that shit right out of the window."

"So you want to ask her out?"

"Now that I'm thinking about it yes I want to but not now she is still hurting I will wait for her I don't mind waiting." He shrugged.

"What if she never accept Ryan? I see why you never kept a relationship just flings you don't see yourself with any other girl except her Ryan what if she never broke up with Wright what would you have done? Ruin the relationship."