46 - Andrew The Cook?

Carter

"I recorded it on my phone." He whispered giving me his phone and earpiece. I put them in my ear before playing it.

"What do you mean find out the truth?" My father said angrily to whoever he was talking to.

"She can't find anything even Richard himself does not know the truth about what happened where the hell do you think she can get answers from." He said again.

"What do you mean she is asking questions about Richard? I put you in that house to get close to her, let her trust you, you told me she reveals everything to you so where is this doubt coming from?" He said breathing heavily probably listening to the other person.

"Whatever you think she is planning I need you to investigate it right now get more close to her, make her agree to work in my company and forget Richard that's all you need to do, don't disappoint me you know you will regret it." He threatened the person.

I pulled the earpiece out staring at Wright. "What did I just listen to?"

"That's why I was with Hannah but she does not know anything. Totally useless." He groaned.

"I'm sorry Wright, I can't believe I thought you will really try to hurt me." I said staring at him.

"It's fine, you're my friend but do you know who he was talking to? Might be one of those annoying security men." He frowned.

"No, It's Andrew." I said clenching my fist.

That bastard!

"Andrew the cook?" Wright whispered.

"The fucking cook, I can't believe he has been a data recorder all this while!" I exclaimed. I'm happy I have not trusted him to the point of picking Shai and Scar's phone call in front of him.

Now I have two bitches in my hand Andrew the Cook and August the Lawyer, they will both regret fucking with me.

"What do you plan to do next?" Wright asked snapping me out of my thought.

"Be more serious with my investigation I was doubting before but now this has given me an assurance that my instinct was right."

"What investigation?" He asked

"Don't worry about it." I answered giving him a small smile.

"Carter please be careful, whatever you do be in a right state of mind because you can be unreasonable sometimes." He mumbled the last part. "I'm here for you, whatever you need I'm ready to get for you." Wright said.

"Thanks Wright I smiled, hugging him tight before walking out of the restaurant toward my car.

I got home about an hour later after parking my car in the garage. I walked inside and was not surprised to see my parents on the couch since they come and go.

I ignored them walking towards my room. "Come back here Victoria." My father called me.

"Yes." I stopped walking back to them.

"I hope you know we are demolishing Richard's house tomorrow, the workers will be there in the morning." He said.

I put on a straight face staring back at him. "Okay."

"Why are you just returning from school?" He asked checking his wristwatch.

"Went to the library to study for a while, I needed some privacy." I answered.

"That's great I asked the principal for reports on your performance in school and I was really impressed with what I saw you are doing really well." He smiled.