14 - Deathrow

Carter

"Dad wants to see you." Daniel said, entering my room.

"Are you stupid? You don't know how to knock?" I shouted at him.

He just rolled his eyes at me sitting on my bed. "Why did you get into a fight, can't you stay out of trouble?" He asked, looking at me.

Did he just put his butt on my bed?

"Get the fuck out of my room now." I hissed.

"Why are you always acting like you are the toughest human alive? Life is not even that hard, calm down." He said

Fuck it

I picked him up by his collar and pushed him out of my room slamming the door and locking it

"You tore my shirt, you could have said it with your mouth." He shouted, banging my door.

"I opened my door swinging my hand, aiming for his face but he missed it slightly. "You missed!" He shouted, running down the stairs while laughing out loud.

I don't know how a twenty five years old still act like a fucking teenager. I wore my oversized Hoodie and Sweatpants before locking my room and walking down the stair to face them.

"I was summoned." I said as I took a seat in front of the both of them, they just show up when they like.

"Why did a receive a call that you are being suspended for two weeks Victoria?" My mother asked.

I rolled my eyes at the horrible name who names a child Victoria. "I don't know, I guess I got into a fight." I shrugged.

"You guess? What is wrong with you? What exactly did your brother teach her when he was alive." My father growled, facing his wife.

"Everything you couldn't." I answered, glaring at him. He has no right to mention Richard.

"You need to get yourself together. Richard is dead. Dead! There is nothing you can do about it, the old life you lived with him is over, we gave you to him and he has done his part now we have our child back, you should respect us as your parent. You will represent this family one day, you can't keep disgracing us like this in the society." My father growling in his usual animalistic voice.

"You gave me to him or you gave me to the doctor to do as he please since you don't want another child to ruin the perfect family you already portrait to the society?" I asked him clenching my fist. If he say anymore thing about Richard or my horrible childhood, I will punch him in the face.

"It's not like that Victoria, we could have aborted the baby, but we did not, it's because we need you." My mother said already crying.

She cries every damn time.

"Yeah you could have aborted the baby if the doctor did not warn you about it putting your life at risk." I smirked at her.

"Your brother should have kept his mouth shut." My father hissed at her

"Why did you guys call me back?" I asked them even though I know I won't get an honest answer. Honesty is a thousand miles far from this family.

"It none of your business, all you need to know is you are our child and you should respect us." He shot back

I burst out laughing so hard leaning back.on the couch. "Respecting you will be in my next life, not this one."

"It won't take much to throw you back on the street where Richard raised you." He pointed his finger at me.

"And It won't take much to knock your fucking teeth out if you don't get his name out of your mouth." I mumbled under my breath.

"Your principal said you will be out for two weeks, you will use that time to begin your training at the company and my word is final. It's time you start knowing your roles in this family." He said.