Untitled Part 16

Stiles runs out of the school as soon as the last bell rings. He is already fumbling with his keys when Jackson hauls him over to the Porsche.

''DUDE! What the -''

''The Porsche is faster, Stilinski. Cora is driving the jeep.'' Jackson says while pulling the keys from Stiles's grasp before tossing them to Cora.

Stiles is then manhandled into the Porsche. He is secretly glad that Jackson is taking him home faster. He would just transport himself home, but it would look suspicious if he disappears and his jeep is still standing on school grounds.

He just got one text from Derek, and that was when they got back home. After that, Derek didn't respond. That was three hours ago. He is bouncing his leg and anxious to get back to see Nic with his own eyes.

He had already called his dad to tell him the good news that she had been found. John was almost as relieved as Stiles.

Ten minutes later, he jumps from the Porsche to race to the back yard. It is the most likely place to be now for Nic.

He holds back a sob when he finally sees her. Derek is with her in the pond. And it looks like he is holding her up. She is grimacing but awake.

Stiles jumps into the pond and swims the small distance to hold her, to touch her, to do something to help her.

His eyes are already glowing green when he reached her. Derek looks a little scared but keeps standing with Nic in his arms.

''Gen.'' Nic says gently. Stiles looks her in the eyes and just rest his forehead against her for a moment before scanning her injuries. He feels the bile rise in his throat when he feels and sees what they have done to her.

He swallows it down before getting to work and healing her as much as possible. The scales need to grow back by themselves. The bruises and gashes she has, are healed in an instant. He didn't understand why she hadn't started healing already, but then he sees the gunshot wound just above her hip. It hasn't punctured anything but the bullet is still inside.

''Why didn't you got the bullet wound out yet?'' He asks softly.

''She wouldn't let me touch it,'' Derek responds. The whole pack is now in the back yard. Watching how Nic is being healed. Nic still looks like she is tired and just wants to sleep.

''It hurts,'' She mumbles softly.

''I know, babe, Derek is going to take your pain, and I will get the bullet out and heal you, okay?'' Stiles says while glaring at the pack that they need to go somewhere else. Jackson and Lydia hover a little before going inside with the rest.

Martinique nods and gets a tighter grip on Derek. Stiles can see the raised black veins on Derek's arms, and he grabs hold of his magic to pull the bullet out of Martinique. She whines a little before relaxing when the bullet is finally out of her.

Stiles then put his hand on the bullet wound to heal it. When he removes his hand, he feels a little dizzy, but he almost can't see the scar that is left, and the careful smile Nic is giving him is worth it.

She releases Derek and sinks back into the water, just for a moment to feel the water coursing around and through her. When she opens her eyes, they are glowing, and Stiles knows she will heal now. He swam to the shore and hoisted himself up.

''Derek, we need dry clothes.'' He says in a clipped tone. Derek knows he will get screamed at, but he softly kisses Nic on her forehead before getting out of the water after Stiles.

Nic stops Stiles before he could get inside.

''Gen, don't be too hard on him. You would have done the same.''