Chapter 22

Derek, Nic, and Stiles walked into the Stilinski home. They drove this time instead of just transporting. Stiles was still gathering his thoughts about how they could tell his father that he didn't need to worry about his son. And he was really not looking forward to that particular conversation. Because the virgin train has left the building, the cherry was popped, with not one but two persons, and oh my god, his dad is going to kill them.

''Stiles, stop worrying.'' Derek hissed next to him. He could probably smell how anxious Stiles felt.

''We should have brought sugar! Or burgers!'' Stiles snapped back.

His father just walked into the kitchen where they were gathered, all three of them looking like a deer caught in headlights. John raised an eyebrow in questioning.

Nic darted towards the freezer, pulled out a green bean box, and pulled her triple chocolate cake out of it. She totally hid that in the freezer so John wouldn't find it.

Stiles was gaping, but Nic just put the chocolate cake on a plate and put it in front of John.

''Now, John, you needed to tell us something about the murders,'' Nic said while smiling a bright smile. John looked to the cake, to Nic, to Stiles, to Derek, back to the cake, and narrowed his eyes.

''What are you three trying to tell me?''

''Well, daddio, let's just say that you don't need to worry about me getting killed because I'm a virgin,'' Stiles said with a humorless laugh.

Derek and Nic both facepalmed in sync. And that wasn't necessary, rude!

John just picked up a fork for his cake before stilling his actions when his son spoke. His eyes flashed in something that looked like anger, but it was gone in a moment, and he let out a large sigh.

He put his head in his hands before talking.

''Derek, how old are you?''

''Twenty-two, sir.''

''Martinique, same question for you.''

''Twenty-one, sir.''

''Stiles, remember me, how old are you?''

''Eighteen in five months,'' Stiles mumbles.

John nods in his hands.

''Were you at least being safe?''

Everyone at the table stays silent. Nic and Derek aren't looking at John or Stiles, and Stiles narrows his eyes at them. Traitors.

''Well, you see, dad, Nic can't get pregnant without her heat, and Derek and Nic both can't get diseases because of the super healing. So. Do you really want an answer?'' Stiles rambles, and Nic hides her face in her hands while Derek is staring out of the back door as if he is debating to jump out and run. Stiles subtly steps in front of the door, so Derek would need to go through him.

Derek glares at Stiles, and Stiles glares back, nuh-uh, he isn't doing this alone. It is mortifying enough.

His dad let out a strangled noise, probably thinking that that was too much information.

''Okay, okay, son, you are grown up and can make decisions for yourself. I know for a fact that Nic or Derek wouldn't have pressured you.'' Nic and Derek seemed pleased with the praise. And Stiles thinks he maybe could get away with it.

''BUT, you were still underage. I could arrest them, even if you gave consent. I will not do that, of course, but I expect at least three steaks or chocolate cakes this week.'' His dad says while pointing a finger at Stiles.