Chapter 7

Stiles woke up bathing in sweat and gasping for air. In his dreams, he was back in the preserve with Bill, he couldn't feel his magic, and he knew he would die. When he felt Bill behind him getting on his knees, the image shifted to the basement of the Argents.

Gerard beat him, Bill was there again with a knife, Erica and Boyd were looking at him with disgust when he screamed of the pain, and Stiles just wanted it to be all over. When he saw Gerard lifting his gun, he woke up.

He was feeling disorientated before he felt an arm curling around him. He flinched, thinking it was Bill, before he looked down and saw Martinique asleep on the couch with him. She snuggled closer and let out a satisfied sigh. Stiles thought she was still asleep and was thankful. He didn't want to wake her. He was looking around and saw that his father was sleeping on the chair, snoring a little. They apparently had all fallen asleep while watching an action movie.

''Are you okay, Gen?'' Martinique mumbled sleepily.

Stiles looked back at her and saw that she had opened her eyes, and her blue eyes were boring in his whiskey-colored ones.

''Yeah, don't worry about it. Go back to sleep.'' He croaked, cursing himself when he heard his voice because even he could hear that he wasn't okay.

Martinique frowned and started to sit up before Stiles tightened his grip on her.

''Please, I- I'm not ready yet to talk about it. I will tell you, eventually. But not yet. Please? And please stay like this a little longer, it feels nice.'' He practically begged her. She looked him in the eyes with a questioning gaze before nodding and lying back down.

She started to scratch his back a little, and he almost purred at the feeling, well, he thought he was almost purring, but Martinique started to giggle, so apparently, he wasn't so quiet as he would have wished.

She sighed against him and kissed him on his shoulder. It did all kinds of funny things inside of him. He put his hand on her head and scratched it a little. Now it was her turn to purr. He started to laugh and was trying to keep it in, but he was shaking too wildly to go unnoticed. She poked him in the side, and he flailed.

And of course, because he is as ungraceful as an elephant in a china store, they fell off the couch.

Martinique landed on Stiles with an 'ooff' before she started to laugh loudly. Stiles joined her, and his dad jerked awake because of the noise.

''What time i't?'' John mumbled sleepily.

''It's six, sir. I think I'm going to head out. I will pick you up at ten Gen because your car is still at the preserve, is that okay?'' Martinique asked before looking down and saw that they were in a very suggestive position. She abruptly stood and flushed.

Stiles sleepy brain was still starting up and just thought it was too cold now she was getting away, he made grabby hands at her, but she darted out of the way before laughing and bidding him goodbye.

He sighed and walked with her to the bathroom. She stood in the tub before it seemed that she turned into water and disappeared.