Chapter 10

The next few weeks went by quickly, way too quick for Stiles's liking. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday, he would study magic with Nic. Lydia often joined them on these days to study with them. She and Nic got along great, and Stiles could say he was really glad to be her friend.

Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, they would have physical training. On Thursday, he would have hand to hand training with his dad, and the other days he was with Martinique, training with swords and training his condition and strength.

Every Friday, he had the day off. He still was with Martinique on those days because they didn't want to be apart. So those days were for dates, they went walking, swimming for fun, to the movies, and even one time to the beach.

He felt himself getting stronger each day. He even started to get a six-pack, which he was very proud of. He almost ran every day now. Mostly to the preserve and the lake house, but it was still running. He had never felt better, and his magic was amazing. He could now transport himself a couple of miles (it's just like apparating!). He could heal a lot of injuries, he still wasn't a fan of blood, and really wasn't a fan of that Martinique hurt herself so he could heal it, but it was the fastest way to learn.

He could make himself move faster, hide his scent, and mask his heartbeat. He also could make his senses sharper, just like the wolves. But his eyes glowed purple when he did that, so it wasn't really the best option if you wanted to stay incognito.

But his wards were what he was most proud of. He had changed the wards around the lake and lake house. Now his dad could come to it. Only Stiles, his dad, Martinique, and Lydia had access. He had also put wards around his house, even if he was most days and nights at the lake house. He wanted his dad to be safe.

His wards around the town were his masterwork. Martinique had scolded him for an hour when he was finished because he almost had drained himself of his magic to place them. He needed to stay in bed for two days. He was feeling fine after one day, but Martinique didn't let him go, and he liked being taken care of by her.

If a magical creature came through the wards, he would feel a vibration in his skull. He would know where the creatures had come through and could go there immediately to welcome them or warn them to go away. It wasn't his job to welcome magical creatures, but a lot of the small creatures were attracted to his magic. So they were there for him and not to raise havoc.

He had already met pixies, fairies, a couple of nymphs, and one unicorn. Those were the nice ones. They, unfortunately, had also met a couple of monsters that wanted Stiles's magic for themselves. They even had met a wendigo that wanted to eat him because he smelled 'divine.' A couple of dark elves that he banished back to their own plane, a witch that wanted to drain him of his power for herself. And the list went on. It had been a busy couple of weeks.

Stiles hadn't spoken to Scott in the meantime. But he got updates from Lydia when she was with the pack. He was really grateful for that because he really didn't want to worry about them. Apparently, there was an Alpha pack in Beacon Hills, but according to Lydia, they had only put a symbol on the old Hale house but didn't do anything else. Stiles wasn't too focused on them. He thought Derek should handle them.

He was trying to track Erica and Boyd. He hadn't succeeded yet. He had caught glimpses of them, but it seemed like they were in a catatonic state. So he couldn't get any more info. But he was getting closer. He just knew it.

Today he was studying in the library again, Bailey at his feet, and Nic had her head in his lap, when his phone started to ring.

''Hey, Lyds, are you coming over today? I thought you would be with Jackson?'' Stiles asked casually. When he heard a growling noise, he sat up straight.