Chapter 24: Give Me Love

Comincia dall'inizio

Give a time to me, we'll burn this out.
We'll play hide and seek, to turn this around.

His eyes were closed deep in the music.

All I want is the taste that your lips allow.
My, my, my, my, oh give me love.

He started mute strumming like the song.

My, my, my, my, oh give me love.

My, my, my, my, oh give me love. He sung while looking directly into my eyes with his eyebrows raised. I started laughing and so did he, but he didn't stopped playing although he lost a little rhythm until he stopped playing and landed on top of me just as I finished flipping myself over, so his head was resting on my stomach.

The laughter died down and we stayed there, looking at the ceiling. I rested my hand on his chest and his hand held mine in place. As if I'd go anywhere. At least...not yet. On cue, he pulled my hand up to his lips, kissed it softly and laid it back onto his chest but didn't let it go.

Right then and there, laying on that hotel bed, with my heart beating in-synch with the one beside me, I realized one thing.

....I was in love with this man...

-x-

I didn't realized we fell asleep until I woke up. Ian, somehow, managed to bring his body up and hide his face on my neck with an arm wrapped around me without waking me up. I'll give him some credit, his breathing on my neck was soothing and his arm around me was not the worst thing in the world either. The sun hasn't come down yet and Ian is still sound asleep beside me or..on top of me, kinda.

I took the opportunity to pull a piece of his hair behind his ear with my free hand so I could continue admiring him and he stirred a bit. He took a deep breath waking up and spoke with his eyes closed.

"I should wake up like this more often." He said with his voice lazed with sleep, making him sound a hell of a lot sexier. As if he read my thoughts, he smirked at me and pulled me even closer to him, kissing my jaw line close to my ear and reassuming his position. "I can't stay the night again, can I?" He asked. As if he already knew the answer, he rolled off of the bed and walked around to the other side.

He bended down to kiss my lips goodbye and I closed my eyes in anticipation. Once the familiar and soothing feeling was gone, so was he.

-x-

An hour later, there was a knock on my door. I opened it to find a grinning Alex outside. Once she saw me, she pulled me into a hug which I responded to immediately. She said her greetings and I told her to come in which she did. We were hanging out on my hotel room sitting on a couch on the living room area.

"So I assume you got your costume ready." She said. She knew me so well.

"Yep." Said making my way to the bedroom to get it. When I came back I laid the bags on the couch and she started going through them. Her face jumped up when she realized what the costume was.

"No way!" She said. She took a second look inside the bags and her face jumped up again. "No way!!" She said with more enthusiasm.

"What? I've been wanting to do it for such a long time. I figured, why not now?" I said.

"Why didn't you told me before?" She asked. "I'm gonna be Harley Quinn!!" She said with excitement.

Now it was my turn to say it. "No way!!" We started squealing and laughing and jumping on our seats. A true fangirl attack.

She got her phone out and started looking for something. "You've got to see it." She turned her phone towards me to show me a picture. It was a mirror selfie, an unknown man was holding the camera, he was dressed as Robin. To his left, there was Alex dressed on her Hayley Quinn costume with her left hand laying on the man's left shoulder so her body was more tilted to the side but the costume was still visible. I took the phone in my hands to see the picture better and I zoomed in on the man.

"Is that.....Paul?" I asked. I looked over at Alex and she was blushing. "You little rascals!" I said impersonating her tone when she found out about Ian and I. She started laughing and I did too. "What is that? Why...does this..exists?" I asked.

She laughed at my choice of words. "We're seeing how it goes." She said. How cute. She didn't wanted to say they were dating. I gave her a look that said 'seriously?' And she spoke again, defending herself. "Oh come on! Ian is going to match you too." She said. By now, everybody knew he was going to be Batman thanks to me. "And, we're all going to match each other." She said that on a different tone. As if she was trying to figure it out herself. We both started laughing. "So, what are you waiting for? Go put it on!!" She said and I jumped off the couch and made my way to the bathroom, bags in hand.

I haven't wore all the pieces together so I was as excited as Alex. When I was ready, I looked at myself in the mirror. This was going to be the best Halloween/birthday ever.

I stepped out and Alex's features became surprised.

"I'll take that as an approval." I said we laughed as I made my way back to the bathroom.