Chapter 37: Tell Me You Love Me...

Ian's arms around me were the reason I found it hard to sleep and also the reason why I dreamed so peacefully.

I was stupid not to tell him that I loved him back. But my mind was a mixture of shock and fear and the words didn't escaped my mouth no matter how hard I tried.

I knew he wanted me to say it. I swear I could see the disappointment in his eyes for a split second when I didn't, and it hasn't gone away ever sense we woke up, despite his biggest attempts to hide it. Through out the whole morning, he was acting normal while I drowned on my own thoughts. I had no free will as to what my body was doing so I didn't noticed I was staring at him while we ate. He just looked at me, smiled and sent a wink my way as he returned to his food. Somehow, that gesture made everything okay. I didn't felt like I was drowning on something that weren't his eyes and that brought the normal me back. If I could be called normal....

It was early and we were just in time to go to the convention...well...I was. Ian had to go back to his hotel room to change. We were walking towards our cars, speaking about how inconvenient it was that he had to go change while I could go directly to the convention. I made a comment about him being an unprepared mess, which led him right into his response.

"But you know you love me." He said with a cocky tone.

"I do." I responded, not being able to articulate the right words, but, of course, he wasn't satisfied with my response.

"So come on...." He said and then requested it more directly when I looked at him. "Tell me you love me..." He said with a triumphant smirk, determined to make me say it.

I smiled at him because I thought he was kidding but, slowly, my face came into realization of just how serious he was. Words failed me again and I gave up all from of speech with a sigh.

"Ok, look." He said bringing us to a stop in the middle of the underground parking lot. "I get it, alright? You're a control freak." He said. He had a firm grip on my hand and a piercing look going my way. "But you have to understand you are a control freak who's lost control." He released my hand and extended his arms to the sides as he shrugged his shoulders. "I feel the same way around you." His hands came up and met with my face softly, landing sweetly on my cheeks as his face came closer to mine. "That's what falling for somebody is. It's being vulnerable. It's giving up control."

Our foreheads were supporting each other and his hands changed location. One of his hands went to my lower back while the other took a hold of mine and went between us as he pulled me closer to him. We were in the perfect dancing position.

His eyes were closed but I could see perfectly. This was him being vulnerable. This was him giving up control.

With not much as a kiss, he started to walk to his car and I couldn't make my body move. It's twice as hard for me to say what he wanted to hear. But I have to let him know somehow. Somehow he'll understand. By the time I could make my body move so I could look at him, he was already inside his car. His head shot up and our eyes met. I showed my hand doing the sign I just taught him and his face light up slowly. Slow enough for me to remember every single detail.

Without hesitation, he made the sign back to me as he turned his car on and drove away.

-x-

Once I got to the convention and went through security, Alex found me.

"Hi! Nice outfit!" She said embracing me in a hug. "Now let's go change" she said already pulling me to the bathrooms.

"Woah woah! Change? What for?" I asked bringing her to a stop. Didn't she just complimented my outfit a second ago? Why would I change then?