Chapter 47: What'up Sacramento?

"So, tells us, how did it all started for you guys?" Asked the interviewer. Instantly all eyes went to me. I looked around at my band mates and decided to answer the question.

"Well, Rated B appeared on our early high school days." I said with poetic sarcasm. After we all shared a short laugh, I continued speaking normally. "I always felt like I wouldn't be able to do anything that anyone wanted me to do, you know? I never really liked to live under someone's expectations and that combined with my love for music and the arts and the few people who supported me like these one," I said motioning to Alex sitting beside me. "created this." I said extending my arms as much as I could, which wasn't much.

From left to right, it was Mark, Alex, me, Daisy, and Roy sitting on the stage with cameras all around us and a young woman sitting in front of us off-stage.

She went on asking us questions. Some were band related, others were just for fun. Although there has been many many interviews, this one was different. It was the first time we get interviewed on the stage we would play at and it was also the first time Ian was here to witness it. I caught a glimpse of him talking on the phone way behind cameras. When he saw me, he smiled and waved at my direction before carrying on with his conversation.

"And Veronica," said the interviewer. "You are not exactly a new face on the media. If I'm not mistaken, you worked on television for a while, right?" She asked.

"Right. After we finished the record, I had some cameos here and there. I squeezed my way into the acting industry too." I said.

"I remember seeing you on The Vampire Diaries. How was that experience?" She asked.

"It was great! That started everything for me. Before that, I have been auditioning none-stop and trying to get our music out there, you know? But then this one cold night turns everything around." I said before laughing with everyone for a brief second. "I got to do incredible things. I got to meet incredible people. And actually, I might have some friends over for the concert." I told her.

"And how do you think it would affect them? Like, they have never seen a set of yours, right?" She asked and continued talking when I shook my head no. "Well, what do you think is going to be their impression once they get the band vibes?"

"Funny you mention that 'cause I like to think that I change personalities when I go on stage. Like, when I dance I'm this way, and when I play I'm this way, and when I act I'm this other way. So, when I'm on stage, my personality is so variable and, really, all the vibes in the crowd reflect on me." I said. "And they have never seen that so...." I said meaning Ian and Paul, who are the ones that are going to be present during the concert. "Should be quite interesting."

She smiled at me and signed us off before saying her goodbyes and what a pleasure it was for her to have this moment with us. We agreed on taking a picture with her and, sense Ian finished his phone call and was walking our way, he took the picture. I laid my head on the woman's shoulder when she sat in between me and Alex for the picture. After that she said her goodbyes again and was on her way.

The band dispersed to get ready for the concert and Ian came to me.

"Are you ready for tonight?" He asked.

I chuckled. "Are you ready for tonight?" I asked in return as his hands made their way to my lower back. He didn't responded but he smirked before asking Alex to take a picture of us from his phone. She agreed and, after he gave his phone to her, I gave my back to him and his hands were hugging my torso. I laid my hands in his in the most friendly way possibly imaginable and posed for the picture. But, of course, Ian couldn't care less about our body language as he hid half of his face behind my neck and only a smirk was visible on his face.