Chapter 53: Take Me Home

Author's Note:
Once again, I suggest you to listen to Hunger by Ross Copperman while reading this particular chapter. Have a nice read!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How was I able to drive? I have no idea. 

Through out the drive to the postal services office, I kept blinking tears away. Banishing the brave ones that dared to escape my eyes. I was gonna send my belongings to my apartment in the mail because I didn't wanted all the fuss of having to register any luggage at the airport.

I deserved an award for being able to keep my face and tears steady and hidden during that whole process. I quickly made my way to the car again, knowing that my things would arrive home someday.

Home? But I just left home.

My life went to a stop. Like pressing the pause button on a remote. I stood seated inside the rental car with the engine on. I stared out at the distance, the weight of this situation crashing down on me. Time to put down the act. I couldn't play strong anymore.

I allowed the tears to flow as I shut my eyes with as much force in me while the car filled with the sound of my fight for breath through sobs. My forehead dropped to the staring wheel and I kept trembling nonstop. Slowly, I pressed play again and decided to just get this over with.

"It's no problem." Said Alex through the phone as I arrived at the airport. "We'll just tell your aunt to keep an eye on the mail while we're gone." She explained. Good news was that as soon as I arrived, the band started prepping for future band projects. So I had plenty of things to occupy myself with. Bad news was that I would not be able to stop thinking about how much more I'd enjoy it if I had the right amount of people to share it with. I could hear some struggling noises from the other line with the undeniable sound of kissing while Alex fought against who I assumed was Paul.

"My thoughts exactly." I said signing the papers from the car rental facility. My voice was monotone. For a second, it made me feel like I was talking to my   mother.

"Geez... Don't you sound happy."
She said sarcastically. "That was sarcasm. You sound off. Is everything okay?"

Her asking about what was wrong made me thing about what was wrong which made my vision blurry. I quickly dropped my sunglasses from my head back to my eyes to cover myself a bit before answering and making my way out the door and into the airport.

"I gotta go now." I said, my voice cracking. I cleared my throat before it was too noticeable.

"Everything is not okay..." She said mostly to herself while the kissing sounds kept going. I could picture her standing with a phone up to her ear and Paul behind her kissing her neck and hugging her close to him. I knew too well how that sounded like. "Just get here already." She said and Paul spoke up. "Say hi to Ian for me!" His tone was jokingly. Any other day, that would had made me blush. Today, it made me hung up the phone before I broke down again.

To make everything better, I was making my way up through a wall of paparazzi awaiting me. I dug my hands on my jacket pockets and made my best version of a smile to them. They started asking all kinds of questions about my band, my acting career and Ian. There was an article going around showing pictures of Ian with an unknown woman and the media jumped up saying it could possibly be me since the rumors already existed.

I saw justifiable to not answer any question since they were speaking at the same time. Who could understand a word they would say? Me. But they don't know that. However, one question, one question did hit me.

"Have you been crying?"

Sure, I could hide my swollen eyes but I couldn't hide my red and runny nose. I made an excuse on the spot.