Chapter 28: Happy Hallo-Birthday-Ween

I woke up feeling older. 23. That's gonna need some getting used to.

Today I woke up early, too early. As if I were going to set, but I'll never do it again. That's gonna need some getting used to as well.

I decided to occupy myself instead of going back to sleep because the alternative was too damn depressive. I played guitar for a while, played myself the 'Happy Birthday' song. I went on the social media for a while....a long while, pictures of last night were all over Instagram, the captions were too depressive and emotional to read. But I couldn't resist on Ian's. It was the picture we took at my dressing room.

' @iansomerhalder: All wrapped up on @Vero1996 and this episode. Bittersweet feelings. I can't fully say how much we're all going to miss this one, but it's going to be a LOT. But what I can say is how hard is going to be for us to forget her. Your amazingness, sweetness and loveliness, as well as your talents, thoughts and personality will never be forgotten. We'll miss the hell out of you, gorgeous.
Love,
Ian '

Just reading it made me smile. The fact that he calls me gorgeous so openly without anyone suspecting anything.

' Omg! Ship it!!! '

' they're seriously the cutest '

' Vian <3 '

' Wtf?! When did that happened?! '

...Well... almost anyone...

Today was also the Halloween party and there was going to be press. I laid out all I needed to get my Joker look, from outfit to make up to....hair dye...

I almost forgot about it. I went to the bathroom, hair dye in hand and looked skeptically at my reflection in the mirror. Could I? Should I? 'Cause I want to...but I can't. Not without some more tools.

I had 4 hours before party time so I made a quick trip to a near-by store and bought everything I needed. And afterwards, with aluminum foil all over my hair locks, I decided to take a picture and uploaded to Instagram.

' @Vero1996: Going hard this Halloween. '

-x-

There. All set and done. I stared at my reflection, paying extra attention to my newly green hair. I decided to keep the color at the ends of my hair on a 'dip dye'. For my surprise, the color came out pretty bright, considering I didn't bleached my hair and keeping in mind my hair is dark brown. On to the rest...

I connected my iPod to the hotel room's alarm clock which had an aux cable attached to it, real convenient.

While I was in the shower, this time to actually shower, I sang along to Firefly and Polyamorous. Both songs by Breaking Benjamin. When I was done, I checked my phone. I had a message from Ian and one from Alex. I opened Alex's first. It was a picture of her make up. She used all the techniques I've taught her over the years and it looked pretty awesome. I quickly responded and opened Ian's message next.

' Why haven't I seen you all day? Unacceptable. '

I smiled and snapped a picture on the bathroom, I was still wearing only a towel but I was focusing the attention on my hair. He answered almost immediately.

' That looks killer!.... But I'm staring to feel a growing sensation of jealousy towards that towel. '

' I didn't knew you could do jealousy..'

' For you, Miss Brooks, I'd do anything.'

Miss Brooks? How formal. But I'll take the complement.

I had an hour and a half to get ready and that's exactly what I need. I decided to dress up first, and then do my make up and hair. With the outfit already on -except for the shoes- I went back to the bathroom with all the utensils I needed to do the make up. I did a Special FX make up to add the scars on my lips and the rest was just white make up as a foundation, heavy black eye shadow smeared all over the area of my eye and some on my cheeks and red lipstick all over the scars and my real lips. I looked like a female version of Heath Ledger's Joker, just what I was going for. It was picture worthy and it didn't took me as long as I thought it would be.

The pictures were tumblr material. All those real photo shoots I did really paid off. I posted the best one on Instagram.

' @Vero1996: Happy Hallo-Birthday-ween to me . '

As if on cue, there was a knock on my door and Ian appeared before my eyes when I opened it. He was wearing his Batman costume, except for the mask, which we both agreed he looked better without. He looked horrified and intrigued when he looked at my fake scars. He walked in examining them, fighting the urge to touch them. We decided to take a few pictures together so I settled my camera for a timer again and we started posing.

It started with him just adjusting his gloves while looking at me, his body facing the camera and I was holding my coat, staring back. Then he moved closer to me so I laid my right elbow on his left shoulder and we posed for another one. His face turned to me and I looked at him with a raised eyebrow out of the corner of my eyes until the flash of the camera hit us again. His body then turned fully towards me and held me by my waist. I just straighten my arm and held him in place by taking a hold of his hair and let my other arm fall down beside me as I looked at him. He pulled me closer to him and I laid my left hand on his chest and kept my stare on his eyes while his came down to my lips. After the camera flashed again he leaned down and connected our lips on what started as a sweet kiss. My left hand went to his face and his grip on my waist became stronger.

When we pulled away, the camera flashed again and I noticed Ian had lipstick smeared on his lips which gave me the perfect idea for a picture. My just-got-an-epiphany face killed the mood when I ran out of Ian's hold and stopped the timer and started setting the camera again.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Sit." I completely ignored his question and motioned him to sit in front of the camera. When he was seated, I examined his lips and started to smear the lipstick further to his face. I kissed the corner of his lips so I had more lipstick to smear. I worked fast and silent, my eyes set to see nothing but what I ambition him looking like.

I know I'm looking like a mad scientist right now. But he looked like he was enjoying the show.

Once I was satisfied, I went over to the camera for more angle adjustment and to start the timer, I could see Ian's hypnotizing stare through the lens. When I was done, I walked up to him and stood behind him. Taking a hold of his hair, I pushed his head to the side slightly and hid half of my face behind his. We did a couple of takes like these, with me holding up his face or turning it towards me.

-x-

Now that I was fully ready, high-heels on and all, and that Ian washed the lipstick off, we could go. I was walking ahead from Ian and from the mirror at the end of the hall, I could see his eyes traveling up and down my body. I wasn't wearing my coat yet so all my curves were still noticeable and the heels made my hips away more than usual. His smirk grew wider when I looked back at him and his eyes shot back from my body to my eyes, he knew he got busted.

When we arrived, we were inside the car on the parking lot and Ian was still holding my hand. He got off of the car and ran over to my side before I opened the door myself. Once he opened the door, he offered his hand for me to take again.

"Are you ready, gorgeous?" He asked.

I took his hands and climbed out. "Hell yeah." I said.

He kissed my hand and gave me a wide smirk. "That's my girl."