Chapter 18: Paul, This Is Alex. Alex, This Is Paul.

My alarm clock took me out of dreamland the next morning, but it was the breathing on my neck and the pair of arms tightening around me with the soft groan that really woke me up. My eyes opened wide at once and not even the daylight hit my face, 'cause there wasn't any.

I instantly freaked out. I sat up immediately and Ian fell back to the bed.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed. "You stayed the night." I felt the need to state the obvious. "We have to go to set. What are you going to do? You can't show up with yesterday's clothes. They'll notice. We're screwed!" I was speaking to myself loud enough for him to listen. However, he very calmly sat up and comforted me.

"Relax." He said after kissing my cheek. He spoke with the same level of calmness as a person high on pain medication, plus his voice was laced with heavy sleep. How could he be so calm at a moment like this?! "Go get ready. I'll figure it out." He said.

"Figure it out? How? You got no clothes here. No tooth brush. And I have to pick up Alex!" I was getting more desperate and he looked more relaxed.

"I've got it covered. We gotta stop by a shop, buy a shirt. I'll survive." He settled a kiss on my shoulder. "Now go. You're driving." Was the last thing he said before I went to get ready.

-x-

He had to use my tooth brush. We left the hotel and I was walking as fast as I could without leaving him behind. He looked normal, proud even. How was that even possible?! It was okay if they saw him going into the hotel and out but, going in and not coming out until the next morning? That didn't looked good. Even if nothing happened, they didn't knew that. They're not even suppose to suspect and this is not helping our case.

We made a stop on a random store and Ian bought a shirt. I'm pretty sure a couple of paparazzi got pictures of us, which surprised me. Wasn't it too early for them to be out in the open wandering around? It surely was for me.

Back in the car, protected form all cameras, Ian changed into the new shirt and I couldn't help but to stare at his naked chest. Of course, he noticed and didn't hesitated on sending a smirk my way but, I've earned the right to stare by now and he didn't exactly objected. He sent the old shirt flying back to the backseat and dared to lean in and give me a quick kiss. He pulled back when I turned the car engine on.

We picked Alex up and saying she was surprised was an understatement. She had questions about why was Ian on the car, she seemed suspiciously thoughtful. But Ian made up an excuse on the spot and she seemed to believe him.

-x-

On set, Ian and I parted ways and I gave Alex a tour of the now familiar lot.

I was talking about how many days it took to build a set and she changed the subject abruptly.

"It almost took forever and we'd only film like two scenes in it."

"So you and Ian..." She said. I gave her a look, I was playing dumb. "Come on!" She said. "Playing dumb only makes you look dumb." She said quoting the show. "There's something going on between you too, isn't it?" She asked. I gave up.

"What gave it away?" I asked.

"Well, for once, you guys were sharing those weird/cute looks on the car." No matter how hard I told him to stop. I knew he could understand my look, he just ignored it. Alex looked like she was about to confess to a murder. "Aaannd I saw his shirt on your car." She said in an accusing manner, as if it were the dumbest thing to do.

I stayed quiet for a couple of seconds while she was looking at me for an answer. Her look changed into one of excitement. Just like Ian, she could understand my looks as good as my words.