Chapter 35: No Can Do...

After the flight, we got out of the plane and met with Julie, who was waiting for us on the car rental retail. It was almost sunrise by the time Ian got his car. Julie gave us the schedules, Ian's reservations, the convention passes, and she was on her way.

"Alright, you." Said Ian when Julie was out of hearing range to get my attention. Once he got it, he continued. "Your home or my hotel?" he asked. I contemplated the idea while he inspected me.

"Hotel." I answered before snatching his keys from his hand. "I drive." I said before turning on my heels and walking in the direction of his new temporal vehicle, with him close behind me.

After driving for a few minutes, the sun started to come up and my inner -and outer- photographer side took over me. I quickly took a picture of the sunrise when we were on a red light and I managed to uploaded to Instagram before the light turned green.

' @Vero1996: West coast. My kind of coast. '

You could see the road and a part of the beach on the corner and it was beautiful. I had no other choice than to throw my phone on Ian's lap to keep driving safely which made him chuckle before he kept staring at me with the amusement he always shows at times like this.

I always believe his deeply thinking god knows what about. Although, when our gazes meet, it's as clear as the blue on his eyes. Just like he is one of the few who are able to read my eyes, his eyes speak to me, metaphorically speaking. And what I heard made me smile. Just then and there, I thought he was going to say it. To speak to me with as much sweetness as he did on the plane just before I feel asleep. It's incredible how much I wanted to hear three simple words so much, and how hard it was for me to say them back.

"You're something else..." He said.

Close enough...

I smiled at him in response and kept driving. I decided to ignore the fact that Ian was taking a picture of me from his phone. And I assumed he also uploaded it to Instagram.

-x-

I didn't realized the hotel Ian was going to stay at, was the same franchise of the hotel I was staying at back in Georgia until we got there. While Ian was checking-in to the hotel, I opened the Instagram notification he gave me. Evidently, it was a picture of me in the car driving.

' @iansomerhalder: Californian roads...'

Ian didn't let me carry his suitcase up to his room, but I insisted on helping him with the backpack he carried around through the airport, which he led me take.

We both walked in after he opened the door. The room looked exactly like mine did. Before I settled in, of course.

"Huh...." I said. "Who would've guessed? You saw one room, you saw them all." Ian chuckled as I walked to the window in the bedroom area and opened the curtains to reveal a stunning californian morning. "At least the view's different." I said before Ian caught up to me and wrapped himself around me from behind.

"Mine isn't." He whispered close to my ear looking right at me before kissing my temple and continuing. "Thank god."

I couldn't help to smile at the glass and laid my head onto him as he readjusted his hold on me. I was abruptly brought back to reality in realization of my car's location. Ian looked at me in concern as soon as my muscles tensed.

"My car...." was all I whispered.

"Your what?" Ian asked.

"My car!" I answered immediately, walking out of Ian's hold and passing around with my phone in hand. I couldn't call my aunt yet. It's 7am, she wouldn't pick it up, she's working. Alex was a 'no' option. She's probably on a plane right now on her way here, sense the producers wanted all of us to come in different planes to not cause so much commotion. My passing became faster as my frustration grew.