D A R L I N G

____________

Draco Lucius Malfoy

Nothing. My life, my love, my whole world was gone. I stood in my spot, frozen. The war just finished.

In front of me, on the cold ground, My wife. Dead. Lifeless. I couldn't help but fell apart, I kneeled down next to her and held her in my arms. "You told me you will be safe" I cried.

I couldn't take it. We were suppose to be together. Two worlds the same, purebloods, rich, exposed to the grand life, we were both thrown in being a deatheater, she experienced all kinds of torture. I knew I should've been by her side, I could've save her from my fucking aunt. We were arranged to marry each other, unexpectedly falling in love along the way, and now... She's gone...

"Mate" Blaise spoke behind me. "I'm sorry"

I buried my face in Eunice's shoulder. "She told me she'll be fine" I grieved. Then I lifted my face to see her face, so beautiful, so innocent, so angel-like. She only wanted to save her loved ones, to save me, why does she have to die? Was it necessary? Why couldn't it be me?

"Eunice" I spoke to her. I know people were staring at me, feeling my sadness, I don't care, others were drinking coffee and smiling at one another, but how could they be happy? You're gone. Eunice, you left me. I couldn't understand, there were so many things that I wanted to say.

"Do you remember when you told me you will be safe?" I asked, my tears dripping down my face and landing on her cheeks.

"You lied" I continued. "And now you're gone" I held her lifeless body tighter to my body. I put a hand on her heart but... Nothing.... No heartbeat.... No sound.... Nothing.... She was really gone...

"But Eunice" I cried. "We won" my voice cracked. "We won the battle"

"Why is it when we won, that's when you're gone?" 

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned my head around.... Villena...  Tears slipping down her eyes... She just lost her husband... Now she lost her daughter...

"Draco" She called me out. "She loves you" Villena said. Then she took something out of her pocket, the Vial of Amortentia.

Eunice's only comfort. My smell. My world broke even more. I shut my eyes, feeling all sorts of emotional pain inside me.

She loves me. I know. That's why I'm broken, because she loves me, and I love her, I always thought that one of us was going to die, and that, we won't be having our ending, I should've done everything to prevent that.

Why are there so many people against you, Darling? I flutter my eyes open and then look at her once again. "Why are there so many people wanting to kill you?"

I brushed my thumb gently in her cheek. Her skin is so soft, so delicate, so smooth. "Darling" I spoke softly.

"What do I do?" I asked, my whole body was quivering, I didn't know what I felt. Despress? Empty? Sadness? It was a whole new pain, more heavier, more painful than anything.

"We had plans, darling" my voice cracked. I sobbed. "We would run away far from here, have childrens, and you will carry my last name"

I heard sobbings behind my back.

"Don't you remember?" I quizzed. "We still have to dance under the lights, slow dancing, like we did during fourth year"

I stroked her hair gently. "Now how can I do it, without you?"

Suddenly a shadow appeared before me, I tilted my head up, eyes all red and puffy. It was Hermione, and Pansy. Her bestfriends. Her girl bestfriends.

They looked at her with eyes wide and hands over their mouths as tears spilled down.

I looked down on Eunice once again. "I guess Your Vial of Amortentia is now my comfort"

I don't think I'll ever move on, I don't want to. I need to be with you. I need to have you. I still can't accept it. How can I bring you back? Is there really no other way? I sobbed harder. The world is happier, but my world is darker, because my world is you, Eunice, and you're gone.

The first person who I did things first with, is gone. I experienced so many things with you. Now how can I tell you that you're mother killed Bellatrix? She was a strong woman, like you are.

Eunice, I love you... More than you could ever know.

But you're gone.

My darling is gone.