A L T E R C A T I O N

"That's enough Bellatrix... That's enough"

Narcissa Malfoy
______________

I stood in front of his room, my right hand gripped my wand tightly. I hesitated whether to knock or just barge in, and I'm skeptical about facing him.

I paced around outside his room, internally screaming with frustration. I am mad at myself these past few days because I can't get myself to talk to him or even face him directly, every time I sneak a glance at him, I can hear his words in my head and I would instantly feel dejected. On top of that, Christmas is near, and I have to go home, for my mom. I had to check on her, make sure the deatheaters will not return and to make sure she's alright.

She's the only one I've got right now.

I run a hand through my hair and gripped it tightly then shutted my eyes, a small sigh left my mouth. Okay, just fucking do it. Alright?

I placed my hand on the doorknob and turned it around, lock. I sighed once again. I knock on his door, no answer.

I knock again.

Silence.

Knock.

Silence

Knock. Knock.

Silence.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

The door finally opened making me flinch slightly as I was about to make another knock. Draco revealed himself, he's in his white v-neck shirt and black silk night pants. He stared at me, soulless, without no words, his eyes look so tired under his very prominent bags, his body look frail, he had gotten slightly thinner from missing meals and classes.

I suddenly grew worried instead of angry.

"Draco.. " I spoke softly, eyes finally meeting his gaze after so many days "Are you okay?"

He blinked at me without any expression in his face "Why wouldn't I?" His voice, colder as ever.

I lick my lips and reach my hand out to touch his face but he dodged me. An angry look is plastered on his face after. "What do you want?" He asked, his voice slowly raising.

"To sort things out with you" I confessed, I drop my hand down and sighed. "Please, what is happening with you?"

He shook his head at me "Leave, now"

I bit my bottom lip and stared at him with concern "Draco if we can just talk this thing out-

"That's the problem we can't just sort this out, don't you understand?" He cutted me off, his angry voice came back.

"Why not?" I quizzed.

His nose flared and he slammed his hand over the door "This isn't just about you and Potter, alright? It's a lot bigger than that, it's-" he took a huge breath. "It's something you wouldn't understand"

What could I possibly not understand?

"Then tell me what it is" I pleaded then took a step closer to him. "Let me in, don't we trust each other?"

He gulped then looked down "You don't have to be involved with me anymore, Eunice"

What?

"What do you mean by that Draco?" I questioned, in a firm voice.

He gritted his teeth and stared deeply in my eyes, piercing through my soul, but with anger. "I don't want you to be involved with me"

I let out a huge breath then shook my head "I don't understand"