xlvi. Inhumane

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER FORTY-SIX*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* maveth *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: December 14th, 2015
location: Zephyr One, Classified

    ━━Coulson's quinjet returned, just without Coulson in it. The Director jumped out of the jet and straight through the portal to the other planet, because that was a rash decision. The murder of Rosalind Price had meddled with Coulson's mind, filling it with nothing but a thirst for revenge, and Leith understood it. Didn't change the fact it annoyed him, but he understood it.

    Chatting with Joey and helping him understand the ropes of S.H.I.E.L.D., Leith tried not to seem as short-circuited as he felt. He wanted to snap at everyone for being too slow in coming up with a plan. He wanted to shout at Mack that who knows how much time they had before Clara was hurt. Leith didn't know whether it was her that went through the portal, Fitz, or Simmons, but that didn't change how worried he was. Leith couldn't lose Clara. He had lost his father, had practically lost his mother; Clara was the only family he had left, and he couldn't bear to watch that fade away, too.

    It didn't help that the plan was slowly growing to scrap as drones caught the heat signatures of multiple bodies in trucks ... Inhumans were arriving to the space, now, which made everything even more complicated (and made Leith want to smash the monitor screen more, too, but he tried to stay chill━stay calm, that's the only way you can save her).

    As acting Director Mackenzie (yeah ... Leith isn't used to that yet), Bobbi and Hunter joined the rest of the crew up in the command centre of the Zephyr, Daisy pointed to the monitor to show their troubles. "This is HYDRA's compound outside the castle," she said. "And these two trucks were just unloaded."

    "What are they bringing in now?" Lincoln hopped down from communications to join. "More weapons?"

    "Inhumans," Leith corrected, zooming into the heat signatures with a grave look upon his face. "They're stockpiling Inhumans."

    Daisy nodded, and Mack pursed his lips, looking like he had just aged another year (which is okay, maturity works on him). "Looks like ten or twelve of those gel-matrix containers."

    May's eyes widened, and her breath hitched. "Andrew━" she muttered, and turned to the others, "━he's probaby down there as well."

    Joey frowned. Nervously, he fixed his black sleeves and glanced at Leith, "Okay. So, are we rescuing Inhumans or saving Coulson or attacking HYDRA or is tehre some kind of combo?" Daisy stared at him, unsure on how to answer her new recruit. Leith stepped in and helped.