vii. Looks Are Deceiving

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER SEVEN*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:*  the hub  *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: 5th November 2013
location: the Bus, classified

    ━━If Agent Roy blatantly said she was excited to do a paranasal extraction, that would be weird, wouldn't it? But it was just so James Bond and old-fashion espionage-like to keep secret data shoved up one's nostril! Sure, she worked in a secret agency, and nasal extractions are well heard of━but it was like she was in some sort of movie, ready to receive some exciting secret information that will save the world.

    Agent Shaw eyed the device Roy happily clipped in front of him with a big smile on her face. She must look crazy━perhaps she was. Roy was sure Fitz wouldn't put it past her.

    "I bet you're usually the one holding something like this," said Coulson from the other side of the medical bed. Agent Shaw swallowed nervously, and Roy chuckled to herself (which probably wasn't making it any better). "Don't worry," her team leader nodded to her. "She knows what she's doing."

    Clipping the device again, she grinned at Agent Shaw. "Whatever you do," she turned on the light above her glasses, "don't breathe."

    Her grin grew when he did as she was told, and she let out a small snort of laughter. "That was a joke." Rising the device closer to his left nostril, Roy continued to talk. "You should, of course, breathe comfortably if you need to. Just not through your nose. And very minimally through your mouth."

    Glancing back and forth between Shaw and the monitor, Agent Roy gently manoeuvred the rod up his naval canal. He let out a few disgruntled noises, and she couldn't blame him. While it was exciting for her, it most certainly wasn't for him. Reaching the thumb drive, the arms of the rod that Fitz invented for her extended out and grabbed a hold of it. She let out a happy gasp, "Ah-hah! There we are━"

    And so gingerly, she began to pull it out. This was going to hurt. Shaw winced but stayed as still as he could. When the thumb drive encased in a small, cylinder pill-like casing came out, Roy grinned and set it on the table. Agent Shaw massaged his nose, eyeing it with a small glare.

    "That's all the intel you recovered?" asked Coulson.

    He sniffed, "I certainly hope so."

    Taking it out of the casing, Roy handed over the thumbdrive to Coulson who took it with picky fingers. "Well, thank you, Agent Shaw, for keeping it safe up there. We'll push this through to the Hub. In fact, we're headed there now to drop you off." Roy's head glanced up, her eyes glittering in excitement. They were going to the Hub? "Get you a change of clothes, proper meal. You'll be good as new."