xx. Vigilante

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER TWENTY*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* ragtag *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: 16th January 2014
location: Dive Motel, Los Angeles

     ━━"Eyewitnesses claim the assailant smashed through several walls before killing Columbia's most notorious drug lord, Alejandra Castillo, AKA El Doggo. Speculation continues as to whether this superhuman assassination was carried out by a man, monster, or machine━" at the picture of Mike Peterson that came up on the television screen, Fitz turned it off.

    "The correct answer is 'D', all of the above," he muttered, throwing the remote onto the bed. He turned back to Skye, Roy and Simmons who were all doing separate work for Coulson in finding Ward and Garrett. Roy had a new drive in her to find him and lock him up; for Skye, and for Coulson, but also for herself━for the betrayal that hurt her much deeper than she'd admit. "What the hell is Deathlok doing in Bogota?"

    "And why would he kill a drug lord with known ties to HYDRA?" Simmons added, looking up from her work.

    "Well," Skye thought about it, "if they really are in Colombia, then Garrett and our hijacked plane might not be in American airspace. I have to expand our search."

    Roy let out an annoyed sigh and leaned back away from her documents. "Great," she muttered. "That's just fantastic."

    At the knock on the door, they all fell silent and looked up to meet Coulson's gaze. "Guys, you wanna come in here for a minute?"

    Together, they left their work and came into the master bedroom. At the sight of May, Roy pursed her lips. She had returned last night when they had all headed to bed, suddenly willing to help again. Roy was glad to see her, but not knowing the full story made her a bit unsure. At the moment, secrets weren't a good thing to keep. On the small board that Coulson had bought, May was drawing up nine circles surrounding one large circle in the middle. Each circle was labelled: HYDRA, Quinn, Ward and Garrett were some.

    As they sat down on the large bed, May handed the pen over to Coulson who took it in his fingers and pointed the butt at what she had drawn.

    "This is just about everything we've been dealing with. And this━" he pointed to the middle square and wrote one singular word: Cybertek. He underlined it, "━connects them all. Cybertek built Deathlok, shipped items to Quinn, who was working for The Clairvoyant, who turned out to be Garrett, who planted Ward on our Bus, because he wanted to know why I didn't stay dead." When he ran out of room to play connect-the-HYDRA-dot, he sighed. "Should've drawn another chart for this part."