Interlude

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

✧·゚:INTERLUDE*:·゚✧

╚═══════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:*  a small house, in a small town  *:·゚✧*:·゚✧

━━In a small house, on a small street, in a small town called Castle Comb, a father of a very small family called Alexander Roy was on the phone with his very small daughter called Clarissa Roy. He sat on the small couch in front of the small fireplace with his feet up on the small coffee table. Her voice was timid on the phone━she always had a timid, pretty English accent. But right now, it was more timid than usual. She was tired━he could tell, easily. She was tired, and she was upset, and she is facing a problem that she can't fix.

"I don't know what to do, Dad," she mumbled, sounding quite tearful. "I'm trying to helpall I want to do is help. But it's not helping him, at all..."

"It's going to be okay," he told her. With a grunt, he stood up. "You just got to be there for him, puppet."

"I don't know how to be there for him!" replied Clarissa, a little exasperated. "All I seem to do is just annoy him. I just ... I just want my best friend back, Dad..."

Alexander Roy sighed. Coming to the small kitchen, he grabbed the small kettle and prepared himself a small tea. "You got to be patient, puppet. You'll get there. Recovery takes time..."

"I know..." she sighed as well. "And I want to be there for him for all of it, but I dunno ... maybe I remind him of what he used to be like, what he used to be able to do and it angers him."

"Then do something for him he has been looking forward to," suggested Alexander, turning the small kettle on at the small power point and pressing the small tab to boil. "Weren't you three looking forward to that new documentary on BBC?"

"I tried!" Clarissa sounded like she might cry. "But he tries to talk and express his thoughts during it, like usual, only for him to have trouble and then he gets angry over that, too! I tried to take him out for lunch, and he was a sour puss the whole time. I tried to take him to the zoo to see monkey's, and he said no!" There was a plonk, like she had just sat down. "I don't know how to help him, Dad ..."

Alexander took the kettle once it started to boil and━with the phone wedged between his ear and shoulder━poured the water into his tea cup. "You'll get through this puppet. I know you don't like me saying this, but I stand by what I said when I first met the boy━you'll end up marrying him, and I'll have grandkids━"