xliii. Sunrise

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER FORTY-THREE*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* chaos theory *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: December 11th, 2015
location: the Playground, Classified

    ━━"We're not monsters," Daisy's voice echoed in Clara's ears as she talked to Coulson about what she and Leith had seen in their mission to find out who Lash had been (If he was inside the ATCU. He wasn't Banks, much to her displeasure). Roy didn't like hearing this idea about Inhumans being locked up and frozen in modules, but if it was to find a cure ... Roy may be an Inhuman, but rooted in her biology was that she is a scientist━she will always be a scientist, and if this was possible ... this discovery. Maybe people would have a choice, and that is always important. Clara knew, that if she had a choice, she would have said no.

    "You can't just lock us up in some ice prison because you don't know what else to do!"

    "No one's talking about prison," Coulson told her, and she rolled her eyes. "And technically, it's a gel matrix."

    "They're putting people in statis!"

    "Think of it as a medically induced coma, a way to hit the pause button until we find a better solution."

    "A better solution?" Daisy blanched. "What does that mean?"

    "The ATCU's looking for a cure," he said, and at the look on her face, Coulson quickly added, "I'm not suggesting that's for everyone, because it's not, but some people might want to━"

   "We are not a disease," Daisy snapped, gesturing between her and Clara.

    "I didn't say that you were."

    "You can't just expect people to go through that kind of change and immediately have a handle on it," said Daisy sharply. "Do you remember how scared we were at first?" Once again, she otioned to Roy walking beside her. In the back, Doctor Garner listened to the argument intently, having not said a single word yet.

    "Yes," replied Coulson. "I also remember you iced yourself so that you wouldn't hurt any of us, and Clara passed out from extreme pain━only to almost die from a heart attack from that same pain. You got to admit, things are getting out of hand."

    "I know..."

    "People are changing in uncontrolled environments━"

   "I know, but everyone deserves a chance to be who they are."

    Finally, Roy spoke up, "Yeah, but shouldn't everyone also deserve to have a choice?"

    Daisy stared at her, shocked. "Clara," she said to her, "It's not a choice; it's a birthright."