xv. Dangerous Beauty

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER FIFTEEN*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* yes men *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: January 3rd, 2014
location: the Bus, Classified

     ━━"Hey! No! What did I say?!"

    Skye let out a long sigh, hanging her head back in her frustration. "Every time..."

    Opening the door to the medical pod, Roy met Skye's look of annoyance with a stern one of her own. She motioned for her to stop dangling her legs off the side of the bed and to get back in, and Skye rolled her eyes. "It's like you have a sensor for whenever my butt lifts off the bed."

    "I don't," said Roy. "But I might as well get one considering how many times I've caught you! Back in it. "

    Skye's shoulders slumped, and she whined: "I just wanna stretch my legs━!"

    "Now."

    "Look!" Skye patted her cheeks with her hands, and it was Roy's turn to roll her eyes. "There's colour in my cheeks! Breathing without feeling like my whole body's on fire. I'm good."

     Walking over, Roy helped her get back under the covers. Skye pushed through her winces and pain to lean back on her pillow, and Clara set the duvet over her, tucking it in (and feeling very much like a mother duck). 

    "Good?" Roy scoffed, shaking her head. "No, 'good' is not the appropiate word to describe your state. You've been shot twice, had your stomach perforated, and a breathing tube shoved down your throat. Better, is the more accurate word."

     With a finger on the trigger, she slowly lowered the bed back down so Skye could rest. Once she did, she grabbed her sample tube, and stuck it into the vacutainer connected to Skye's median cubital vein (Roy would go into all of that━it's very interesting! She could name all the vein cubitals ... but that would be going off track) and filled up the tube of Skye's blood. 

     "Again with the blood drive?" Skye joked. "Not gonna have anything left."

     Roy gave her a nervous smile that could easily be passed off as one of amusement. Yes, Roy was taking more blood than usual from Skye. But only because her and Simmons were taking plenty of tests to understand this GH-325 or whatever miracle drug had saved her life. Coulson had shouted for her to stop for a reason, and she was determined to know why. So far, it seemed far too good to be true! Why are they keeping this drug from the world when it could save so many lives?