24. Pretend

~☆~☆~☆~

Wayo didn't know the reason, but seeing Ming so worried about his fake-relationship with Kittinan Intochar, to the point of looking compromised and loyal to another human being, was very... cute.

Probably, in a world completely different from the one they live in, Ming and Kit would be what people call 'the perfect couple'. And why? Well, that was kinda easy to answer actually.

Since his best friend told him about his plans, –his stupid and cruel plans–, Wayo understood, by just looking into the dark orbs of the Daichapanya's heir, that whatever the brunette could say to try to persuade Ming was at least useless. Ming had put his energy into the necessity of revenge, and until he succeeded, Ming won't focus on what's truly important: the future.

Of course, what Wayo did not see coming was how good at pretending Ming was.

But is it really that?

"Stop."

The brunette looked away, feeling uncomfortable with Ming's little smiles.

"Stop what?"

"Stop smiling at your phone. You look like a crazy person."

"I'm not smiling. I'm just reading the texts Kit has been sending to me since our last dinner date." He pointed at the screen of the phone on his hands. "He can be so stupidly cheesy and grumpy at the same time. So full of contradictions to the point of being kinda interesting."

Yeah. Interesting.

"How many times you've been hanging out with that person, uh?"

The dark haired guy paused for a moment the reading, trying to come up with the answer.

"Five?" He questioned himself. "Six, if you count when we formally met in the Blue North Hospital."

"And he hasn't realized who you are?"

"What can I say?" He shrugged. "He's a bit slow. Which is good for me and my plans."

Wayo snorted.

"What plans, dude? You've been dating that guy for a few weeks now and I can't see your real intentions displaying at all." The brunette affirmed. "If anything, I would say you're having a good time with him."

Ming saved the phone, profusely frowning at the statement his best friend just put out in the open.

"What shit is that? How can I have a 'good time' with the son of a murderer?"