1. Hopes

~☆~☆~☆~

Mingkwan fell on his knees, placing his hands on the white and cold ground. What is this? He thought, scared of having the answer of that question. His heart was going crazy, the beats hurts. The image in front of him was too horrible and nasty to be truth. Is this a nightmare? I must be dreaming. This cannot be true. No way!

He tried desperately to breath. He repeated the process: In and out. In and out. But nothing was as simple as that anymore. Suddenly, breathing got harder. Painful. Living in this world seemed a joke now. A too painful joke.

The doctors were looking at him in shock too. Even though Ming cannot see too well thanks to the tears, the surprise was written all over their faces. They were clueless about what happened.

The people in the room were completely frozen, afraid of moving or saying something that could transform the unforgiven mistake in an unbearable reality. Ming knew in that moment that he was about to break in pieces. He could become in someone different in mere seconds.

He could stand up and do a stupid thing.

As stupid as beat the life out of those doctors that, even now, are holding the body of his girlfriend, -his lifeless, pale girlfriend-, and doing nothing to solve the problem.

I couldn't say goodbye. I couldn't say I'm sorry.

The awful part of this, was hearing the quick footsteps coming behind him, towards the room. He knew who the person at his back is. Ming has deep respect for her and for the family. And just so he could confirm his theory, a heartbreaking scream was heard before the woman, the same one he cared about like a mother, fell on her knees, right beside him, with uncontrollable sobs and tears falling down his cheeks.

Like a thunder, Ming flew to the hospital bed, where he had to push some stupid men out of his way to get a hold of his girlfriend. The girl who was now pretty cold and covered in white sheets. A fortress that he'll never forget.

Speaking with honesty, Ming had never seen a dead person before. Movies usually portray them as if they were easy to handle, but that was a lie. He tried to hug the girl and the difference of weight was there, also the temperature. It was as if he was holding a small piece of iceberg. A very important piece.

Who did this? Who took her away?

Ming knew he was wetting the blankets and her beautiful face with his tears, but he didn't care. He needed to be with her.

We had plans! We were going to get married next year! I cannot lose her like this! Not like this!

But faith was being a bitch already, and Ming wishes were nothing compared to the force of life. Just small whispers running out of his mouth, but nothing else.