18. New

~☆~☆~☆~

Kit was faithful to his new plan of life.

The hospital where he works is not so big nor has the reputation and fame other places has; places like Central Hospital or West Royal hospital, which are big names for a lot of Thai people. 

That doesn't bother him, though. Kit is decided to work for a name on his own and help this place, his home, to be better and as successful hospital as any other.

What's not to like about Blue North Hospital after all?

Yeah. It may be a bit far from the city, but just for a few minutes. The building may not be high class, but the installations are new and very trustworthy. They have a very impressive team of doctors in the cardiology department, and the ER responds to a lot of situations faster than other hospitals he knows.

Bureaucracy can wait until the person is safe. That's their moto.

"Doctor Cam told me you were overworking yourself today." 

"Doctor Cam should shut his mouth up and stop gossiping about his colleagues." Kit said while ending his paperwork of the day with the nurses. The voice of Beam at his back did not surprise him at all.

He has been scolded almost daily since he moved in with Beam. His best friend wouldn't stop accusing him of taking for granted his health. But Kit knew first hand that Beam was wrong and overreacting. Now, more than ever, he has been careful with his meals, his medication, his appointments in Central Hospital and his hours of sleep. He also checks from time to time his blood pressure, and since Kit is helping more regularly doctor Wallo at the blood bank, he's been making his own tests of blood, just in case.

Everything is fine.

Honestly speaking, he had never felt more mature and responsible in his life.

"I could switch you the shift of this afternoon with doctor Wallo. I haven't seen the man in days, I kinda miss him."

"That's because you're now the favorite boy of doctor Jathurapoom." Kit teased the other in hope to distract him. "Blame no one but yourself."

"What?" Beam exclaimed, surprised by the accusation. "Who told you such a lie?"

"Well, as I say..." Kit gave back to the nurses his reports, before turning around to face his best friend with a wide smirk on his face. "Doctor Cam really should shut up and stop gossiping about his colleagues, don't you think?"

Kit walked away, trying not to laugh his ass off due the funny face Beam had at the moment.

He thinks Kit doesn't know, but the brunette has ears and when nurses and some doctors are bored, they tend to openly talk about rumors and other kind of stuff that Kit usually doesn't pay attention to. Not until they directly used the names of the victims. However, since he's now under the same roof as Beam, he can tell that his best friend spends the nights talking to someone over the phone. Phone calls that last hours and hours, where Beam laughs and whispers sweet things to an unknown character.