Chapter 13: Wizardly Books

Start from the beginning

...I was too lazy to walk down the stairs to him...

{Goodtimeswithscar} y r u messaging me? I'm right downstairs

{Bdouble00} I'm lazy

{Goodtimeswithscar} lol ok i'm still looking & itll be another 30 mins at least so u can go ahead and go or wait.

{Bdouble00} Ill wait but can i read something off the shelves

{Goodtimeswithscar} yep

{Bdouble00} well if u need me ill be up here reading! <3

WHY DID I SEND A HEART WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME HE'LL THINK I'M WEIRD MY LIFE IS OVER I-

{Goodtimeswithscar} ok <3

Oh...

...

WAIT

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG-

~TIMESKIP~

I was sitting on the floor in the back corner between the last two rows, reading a book about Voiders, trying and failing to not die from boredom.

It has been well over an hour, and he hasn't come to get me.

I guess I could go see if he was okay, but I'm lazy, so I'm staying put.

The book was one of the most interesting I found so far, and that's saying something because I still think stabbing my eye out will be funner than this.

I HATE READING!

Ugh.

I began questioning my sanity before a flash of purple caught my eye. Crawling over to the shelf, I leaned down, pushing the books on the bottom shelf out of the way, and reached behind it.

Lodged between the wall and the bookshelf was a book. I grabbed ahold of it, prying it out, but when it finally came loose, my arm shot up and hit the bottom of the shelf above.

Ouch.

I pulled the book out and blew off the dusty cover, sneezing when the dust blew into my nose. The cover was a dark purple leather with a picture of a lilac colored square with broken corners. Something was written above it in a strange language I couldn't understand.

Huh?

{Goodtimeswithscar} hey, u ready?

The ding of my communicator startled me.

{Bdouble00} yeah im coming

I shoved the strange book into my inventory and headed for the stairs.

Downstairs, Scar stood by the door waiting for me, so I skipped over to him.

"Hi Scar!"

The Mayer jerked up. "Oh, hi! You startled me!"

I shot him a playful grin before hopping out of the library into the cold night air, with him close to follow.

"Hey, sorry for taking so long. I got caught up in the books and lost track of time."

"It's no problem!"

"Are you sure?"

"Of course!"

"Thanks."

"For what?

"Coming with me." He gave me a sheepish smile, rubbing the back of his neck, his cheeks going slightly pink.